Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 2s98ye143%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 2s98ye157%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

+9
FearlessSasuke
Wolf
Santeco
Klonoahedgehog
DoctorWhoMe
GasmaskGamer
Chaos
sBastiZH
Maffi
13 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Some GIFs from Evo:

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 Id59umfvnDx7A

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 IrHyOhuipfWod
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 7 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition is on sale on Steam for the next 3 and a half hours for only $10. Get it, it's worth it. It's the most fun fighting game experience I've had outside of Street Fighter 3: Third Strike and (possibly) King of Fighters 13.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:10 pm

^ Noice. Guys, follow Maffi's advice and get it :P
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:25 pm

sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 pm

So that's what your dictator looks like Tongue

I been working on my Ken and honestly I been digging Juri a little bit too. But Ken is just so much fun, I'm trying to figure out ways to integrate his kara-throw more into my play.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I occasionally also play the Mario and Francis Bacon costume. Those are my favs. Dunno, I just think the Nazi uniform is quite fitting

and bweh, Ken... all wobbly and hectic all the time. And fucking random EX air tatsus, I hate them xD
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 pm

sBastiZH wrote:I occasionally also play the Mario

suddenly bison's headstomp makes more sense
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:58 pm

"Who wears red and jumps on his foes?"
I wonder if anyone would ever answer with Bison xD
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Yes!
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Supercade is an arcade emulator that allows you to play other people online free.

http://damdai.com/supercade/

Supercade supports lots of different fighters, including 3rd Strike (unfortunately I don't think it supports CvS2.) Lemme know if anyone's ever up for some 3S!
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:06 pm

^ Holy shit, it supports Alpha 3. So gonna download it.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't think I actually played Alpha 3. I'll download it for myself and see.

By the way, I forgot to mention - the roms you need for Supercade can be found here: http://www.rom-world.com/dl.php?name=MAME

Right-clicking the name of the game you want to play after you launched Supercade will tell you exactly what rom(s) you need to download.

EDIT: Tried the rom from that site for Alpha 3, didn't seem to work (although IIRC the 3S one did. Strange). Looking for a different site with a working rom.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:22 pm

I'll set it up tomorrow and try it out.

The PSP version of Alpha 3 is what got me really into Street Figher, though I never played it with human opponents... but I really like it :)
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:59 pm

i am playing alpha 3 right now and i have literally zero clue what i'm doing

why is chun's spinning bird kick not working, what is this upkick thing she is doing

what is happening
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Some attacks also depend on the ISM you choose, for example Ryu has an attack similiar to his Solar Plexus Strike from SF4 if you play him with X-ISM but not with A-ISM IIRC. I think Chun-Li also has a few moves that work that way, but I don't know which that would be right now. But Chun-Li also has that upkick in SF4 if I'm thinking of the same thing as you mean (?).

All that matters is that Bison has a projectile in that game and his Shin/Boss version's Crusher is totally broken xD
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Bison has a PROJECTILE???? I gotta try this out.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:04 pm

He has a projectile instead of crusher, crusher is a super move in that game.

I dunno if it's possible with the ROM you're using, but choose Bison while holding select and you should be able to use his boss version (X-ISM only). His crusher (super move) covers the entire screen, is very fast and takes ~75% life on hit (plus it can't be air-blocked). The thing in Arcade mode is, you only get one try against him. Lose once and you gotta start over, can't continue unlike against other opponents, which makes this move very frustrating :P

Last edited by sBastiZH on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm playing the Arcade version, so I don't think so. I guess that might be a good thing though, I don't really want to play against that thing online Tongue
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:22 am

I'm trying to learn how to kara-cancel Sagat's tiger shots and I keep getting the tiger uppercut/knee instead. Grar. Only way I can get a kara fireball consistently is by already having a fireball onscreen.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by KungfuCutman Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Anyone getting Persona 4 arena?

I am, and if anyone else is and has a PS3, fight me!

RisenHellFire is my Username
KungfuCutman
KungfuCutman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:29 am

I might be getting P4A - dunno yet. I'm still practicing AE and 3S and KOFXIII

god SO MANY FIGHTING GAMES NOT ENOUGH TIME

Also if I get it it'd have to be for 360 Sad
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 am

Speaking of which, UltrachenTV is still streaming some P4A:

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:25 am

Persona 4 Arena is really fun, you guys.

EDIT: really liking Yukiko so far. Found a basic BNB as her - better than the "auto combo" anyway. I'll try playing a few matches online later (pretty sure I'm gonna get rocked, but whatevs!)
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by KungfuCutman Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 am

I like Aigis and Kanji so far.
KungfuCutman
KungfuCutman

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 am

Doubt anyone's really interested, but someone uploaded a bunch of ranked matches with me. That's after not playing at all for 2 weeks so my play isn't quite on the level it should be.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next