Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 2s98ye143%Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 2s98ye157%Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later

5 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 Empty Re: Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later

Post by Maffi Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Things were mostly fine before John and the rest did the whole Scratch thing. Then we were introduced to Jake and the others and then a whole bunch of other trolls, and while they're really funny, jeez I miss the simplicity of juggling only 16 protagonists, time travelling birthday presents, and obtuse inventory systems.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 Empty Re: Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Well I think Hussie's almost treating the non-intermission part of Act 6 as Homestuck 2.0 where we only have to worry about 4 new characters (Jane, Jake, Roxy, and Dirk), 6 if you count the cherubs. But yeah, the intermissions go back to having our original 16 plus 12 new ones as well. And once everyone finally meets up it's going to be like having to keep tabs on all 34 at once, not to mention others like Jack and PM, the B2 arch agents, spades slick, etc.

Killing off characters almost seems like a necessity to keep things under control, except when Hussie kills of a character they aren't really dead but just in ghost form and we still have to keep track of them. Wut?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 LolHuss

lol Hussie the master of hustlin'
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Actually made readin' through all that text worthwhile.

Also, I hope that shortly after this intermission ends, Lord English just shows up and kills almost all of the ancestor ghost trolls. At least half of them.

Because that would be so awesome.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Some of them could probably use some dying. Damara, Kurloz... Cronus.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Maffi wrote:Some of them could probably use some dying. Damara, Kurloz... Cronus.

Rufioh, Mituna, Kankri, Meulin, Porrim, Latula, Horuss...

I mean, are any of them really going to serve a purpose besides Meenah and maybe Aranea? They all turned down Meenah's offer to join her ghost army so... what good are they really?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:28 pm

At least they're not horrible people like the others though. I wouldn't mind if they stuck around if at least Kurloz goes away.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 am

-Kurloz actually served some sort of purpose what with Gamzee and what-not. But now that that seems to be done...
-Damara might be good if only you could understand a single thing she said and she wasn't so overly sexual and her personality wasn't complete crap.
-Cronus, however, is just crap all around. Horuss falls into that cateogry too. Trolls that believe they're greaser humans and horses? Really?
-I like Kankri's appearance but the long-winded dialogue and overtly politically correct has gotten real old real quick.
-Porrim is scary looking and the overtly-feminist thing is almost as bad as Kankri, maybe worse.
-Latula's okay apperance-wise but the G4AM3r G1RL personality is really annoying.
-Meulin's cute but she feels like a Nepeta copy-paste
-I kinda like Rufioh, but he doesn't really set himself apart from Tavros
-Mituna just feels pointless

Aranea has the potential to be an important character and Meenah's definitely going to be important.

As for the others though, they really don't seem that big of a deal. It was kinda cool to see the troll's ancestors in kid form but now... I really don't care to have them stick around. Think of what kind of message it would send the readers if English just killed them all suddenly. Not only would it put all the character/shipping obsessed people in their place, but it would also remind everybody that Lord English is this indestructible demon who's out there going on a rampage to destroy everything. He doesn't care if you just met these characters and wanted to know more about them. He just wants everything dead.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 am

Think it was implied somewhere that Damara tried to sabotage their session, which is why I don't like her.

Kurloz is bad too cuz he's doin some creepy stuff with Gamzee which will probably fuck up a lot of stuff.

As for Cronus, he's just legitimately an awful, ableist, and manipulative person.

Horuss is racist even though he's less of an ass about it than his Alternian counterpart. Don't really like him either.

I like Kankri's intentions, I think it's important not to carelessly throw around slurs and stuff, except for the fact that literally none of the trolls actually get offended by any of it so Kankri needs to get off his high horse and shut up about it already.

I really like Porrim and I don't find her 'overly' feminist at all except perhaps for her typing quirk which seems forced. But then again all of the trolls' quirks are pretty much forced so who cares.

Latula's okay, I don't really mind her but don't particularly care about her.

I agree about the Meulin being basically Nepeta thing. Other than that I don't really mind her either.

Rufioh's okay I guess? Now that I think about it I don't think we had an ~otaku~ character yet so I guess I don't mind him. He's alright.

Don't particularly care for Mituna, it hurts to try to parse his dialog though. His inconsistent typing quirks make it pretty hard. :/

Meenah and Aranea I really like. They got the most development so far.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Development is good, but then again, do I really want to keep track of 34+ developed characters? =/
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Spoiler:
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:45 am

GasmaskGamer wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh no my Kanaya x Rose ship D:
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:31 am

I hope Gamzee kills them both because I hated that ship and never really liked either character that much to begin with. :3

Besides, we're on character overload right now. The flock could use some... thinning.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 am

GasmaskGamer wrote:I hope Gamzee kills them both because I hated that ship and never really liked either character that much to begin with. :3

Besides, we're on character overload right now. The flock could use some... thinning.

Heartless D:
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:09 am

I want you to tell me about your spades, your diamonds

I want you to share with me your clubs and your hearts

^ the most romantic dialogue ever written.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:33 pm

I really hate drunk rose and her big 'ole lips and dumb outfit. =T

Also, I'm finding fifteen year-olds engaged in human-alien/vampire lesbian relationships kind of awkward.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Why awkward? There's nothing explicit about it.

EDIT: Tumblr is exploding about it.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Maffi wrote:Why awkward? There's nothing explicit about it.

Nyeh, hard to put to words. But it also feels forced to a degree. Maybe that has a lot to do with it.

Maffi wrote:EDIT: Tumblr is exploding about it.

You know what would really get tumbler exploding?

If Gamzee hops out of the vent next panel and offs them both.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Spoiler:
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Spoiler:
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I think MSPA's servers got knocked out by Sandy Face.

I sure hope Hussie backed up all those panels somewhere.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 pm

I was wondering why I couldn't connect to MSPA, but I also didn't know where Hussie lives. Hope he's alright.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 3 2rmtekg

This sums up Homestuck so well and I think Hussie knows it.

Also, if anything, that number of ghosts outta attract Lord English.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

I was talking to a friend about why he stopped reading Homestuck and he said it was basically like a zombie - it should have died a long time ago yet it still keeps going.

Look at all those characters. Look at the infinite number of characters.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Finally, new act.

*goes to next page*

Well that was short-lived. Seriously?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next