Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 2s98ye143%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 2s98ye157%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

+9
FearlessSasuke
Wolf
Santeco
Klonoahedgehog
DoctorWhoMe
GasmaskGamer
Chaos
sBastiZH
Maffi
13 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:25 am

Starting off with Daigo vs Infiltration?! OH JEEZE
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 am

What a top 8. What a top 8. Oh my god.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by FearlessSasuke Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 am

I missed it watching the most epic movie, hope a recording shows up soon so I can watch it.
FearlessSasuke
FearlessSasuke

https://www.youtube.com/user/CFSasuke?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:49 pm

You can watch on the archives if you like:

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/b/430438070

There's Day 3 on the archive. Lots of Top 8s to go through. Marvel starts at about 7:48 and SSF4 starts right after Marvel ends.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 am

OH yeah, and last night's Ultra Street Fighter 4 announcement trailer:

WHO IS MYSTERY CHARACTER????
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:41 pm

aaaaaaawww yiss

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 SSFIV2013-07-1800-38-48-42_zpsc9e6853a
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 am

Grats on 10k Bips! Go Hibiki would be proud.

By the way, apparently ~MYSTELY CHALACTER~ will be making his/her fighting-game debut in USF4, AND he/she will be related to Street Fighter: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/17/ultra-street-fighter-4s-fifth-character-very-much-related-street-fighter/

There goes my hope for:

BUT! Maybe it'll be cool anyway! But hmm, a character related to Street Fighter but has never been in a fighting game before... maybe...

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 13 Vqihsg

EDIT: Alternatively:

Spoiler:

EDIT2: OH YEAH OR

Spoiler:
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:13 pm

How about
Maffi wrote:Go Hibiki
as the new char
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:59 am

Zombies in MY Street Fighter?! I'd rather play as Charlie, and his Ultra 1 has him hop into a machine which transforms him into Blanka.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 am

I don't think them pulling a reason out of their ass for Go Hibiki not to be dead would be hard. Gouken anyone?
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:38 am

Other possible 5th characters:

Violent Ken
Frustrated Gouken
Mildly Bemused Cammy
Shin Dan
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 am

... Good Evil Ryu
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:57 am

Neutral Ryu throws beige fireballs
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:39 am

So there's this game called Yatagarasu. I've only heard of it a few days ago but apparently it's a game made by old SNK guys that worked on the old KOF games. I don't know anything about this game other than it's heavily inspired by Street Fighter III Third Strike: Fight for the Future. So that already gets it like a million points. Plus it has a parry system apparently???

Anyway, I'm gonna buy the game and try it out. If anyone is interested, here's the site:

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu

Plus, there's an indiegogo campaign for an updated version called Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm. It'll feature more characters and GGPO online play. GGPO!!! If you donate $10, you'll get an early copy of the game, expected to be around February 2014. Here's a link:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yatagarasu-attack-on-cataclysm

I think I'll buy the current version and try streaming me learning the game. Or maybe just upload a youtube of it or something. I dunno. I'll figure something out. It looks like hella fun.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Injustice is EASILY one of the most broken games I've ever played.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 pm

You can cancel your own hitstun into an attack or into a block. I'm not sure why.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Hit-confirming into anything is 100% impossible because of how the timing for combos work. For the 4th attack in an attack string to come out, you have to press the button before the second attack in the string even comes out on-screen. Which means having good reactions is pretty much 100% useless outside of reacting to overheads/lows.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:56 pm

In-game frame data is confusing and there is no tutorial on how to read it. Which would NORMALLY be fine, except apparently words like "hit advantage" and "block advantage" mean completely different things to NRS than they mean to the rest of humanity. Because even if an attack is +20 on hit, you can't link a move that has 13 frames of startup after it. This might have something to do with the fact that you can apparently cancel your own hitstun into a block.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 pm

lol
The game looked unappealing to me anyways, so I guess I'm not missing out on much
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:02 pm

There ARE some good things about the game though, despite the broken mechanics. The whole character power thing is really cool - it makes each character "feel" a lot different from any other character in the game. (As opposed to e.g. Ryu vs Ken.) From a character design perspective, some of the characters in this game are the most interesting among any other game I've played. Martian Manhunter for example gets Dhalsim limbs, but only after activating his trait and for a limited amount of time. Zatanna gets great chip damage and zoning abilities once her trait is activated, but she can't jump or crouch.

Stage interactables are cool - it adds a whole other level of strategy to the game that isn't present in many other fighting games. That is, your placement on stage relative to the opponent can be more or less advantageous outside of just what normals and specials you have at your disposal. The corner can be a lot less dangerous than it is in other games.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

I REALLY want to like this game, but it's hard because the mechanics in this game are never explained (which would be ok if the mechanics themselves weren't completely unintuitive), and it makes me SALTY AS ALL HELL I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SALTY IN MY LIFE.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 pm

They just need to put Black Manta in it and it'll pretty much be the best fighting game ever.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 pm

The more I play Injustice, the more I like it. I still find certain things incredibly frustrating, but since I picked up Green Lantern (John Stewart, fuck Hal Jordan) I'm having more fun with it.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:09 am

John Stewart's the only Green Lantern that matters.

That luchador one matters least of all.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 am

Spending all night trying out stuff in Injustice... realized Martian Manhunter has some crazy zoning tools... must investigate further...
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next