Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS 2s98ye143%Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS 2s98ye157%Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS

4 posters

Go down

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS Empty Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS

Post by Maffi Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 am

Other than TF2, this is really the only shooter I'm having fun playing. It's COD-style kind of shooter available on Steam. Anybody else playing?

I'm lazy so I'm just gonna copy/pasta an OP from someplace else:

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS Ognk2

Blacklight: Retribution is a free to play first person shooter. You can install it on Steam while you read this post! Basically two teams of up to 8 players each fight. There are lots of different game modes: deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, control point capture, and some sort of crazy control point capture the flag hybrid. There's also a version of team deathmatch where kills don't count unless you can get to the enemy corpse. It's pretty fun!

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS AbEiN

One of the best parts of Blacklight is all the awesome gadgets. There are riot shields, EMP mines, EMP grenades, grenades that cloak everyone in a bubble, thingies that let you revive teammates, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, poison gas grenades, and many others.

The most important tool is one that everyone gets: the visor. Turn it on with "V." It's basically a wallhack:

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS PUqLo

You can't shoot while using the visor, though, and you're slightly vulnerable for a second after you turn it off (still can't shoot), so you have to be careful about using it. Oh, and of course, there's the grenade that causes BSODs in the enemy's helmet:

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS MLHvg

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS GOG4k

Blacklight is a cyberpunk styled game, which is great if you're a fan of that. Think Neotokyo, the awesome Half-Life 2 mod, or Ghost in the Shell, but a little less Japanese. Aside from some text and stuff, it's not overtly Asian so much as it is THE FUTURE. Things are mostly grey but also mostly pretty. There's a ton of weapon customization and you can call down a mech suit to pilot around. It comes with a minigun and a railgun and to fight enemy mechs you have to use your visor to find their weak point!

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS 1Nmay

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS WYvga

The assault rifle you start out with is pretty much the best. If you like sniping, I recommend the Combat Rifle. I tried a shotgun once at it was pretty fun too. Everything is super customizable, so it's mostly a matter of finding a scope you like and a gun you like, and then fitting parts to it that match your playstyle. I go for cone of fire reduction and speed increases so I can run around shooting people in the face.

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS 6wsA6

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS CSK21

Thankfully no, at least not in my opinion. Everything important can be bought with points that you earn in-game. The gun you start with is also pretty great. As you rank up you'll get a bunch of packs that let you unlock items temporarily so that you can try things out for free. Some tips for using the store:

Renting stuff is a really good deal: rent something for a day or 3 to see if you like it before you buy it.
The "named" guns generally can't be customized so it might be better not to buy those unless you know you'll like them. For example, the ones in the Steam starter pack can't be customized.
You can get free shit by signing up for Raptr. I signed up and haven't been spammed or anything and they don't ask for you Steam password or anything, just your account.
Buying stuff from the little stations during a match is free: these are in-game powerups like health refills, weapon unlocks, and mech suits. They don't cost actual currency, they just cost "points" you earn each match that go away at the end of the match.
Don't buy the chance packs. The odds are bad.

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS Mq1RT
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS Empty Re: Blacklight: Retribution, a F2P FPS

Post by sBastiZH Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:02 am

F2P? Hmm, I might try it, though my online shooter needs are pretty much covered with BF3.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

It's pretty rad, I don't know how it compares to BF3 though. Never played it.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Santeco Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

you lost me at "It's COD-style kind of shooter" but ill try it anyway
Santeco
Santeco

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:02 am

Didn't really want to sign up, but I might re-download it sometime in the near future if I see you on Maffi.
Chronos
Chronos

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/chronos/gamepad/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum