Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps 2s98ye143%Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps 2s98ye157%Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps

Go down

Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps Empty Thoughts regarding finale/wedding eps

Post by rockshard Wed May 09, 2012 2:59 am

I had to say this. And I was gonna post this in the ep discussion thread but figured why not make a thread. (making threads is good, right?) The finale was pretty dumb in a number of ways. I even happened to go on a walk afterwards but as a result I just kept thinking about how wrong this ep was.

First off, of course, is the way several instances of Luna were shoehorned throughout the ep. It was done so shamelessly I actually began to wonder if maybe it was meant to be a joke.

The scene where Twilight attempted to expose Candence, was a pretty big deal to me. It was really harsh on Twilight... which I suppose is not in itself a bad thing, but there are a number of other issues I noticed with it.

First off, all her friends snuffed her.

Second, even Celestia snuffed her. (And even despite that, Celestia has the gall to come in at the end of the story and praise Twilight for trusting herself. Really, Celestia?)

but a real deal breaker is the fact that Twilight might as well have been wrong about Cadence. Because after Shiny Armor gave a totally reasonable cover story and after everyone humiliated Twilight... even she thought she was wrong. What if she was? What then?

other kind of (or possibly) weird things:

- Despite Celestia praising Twilight later on for it, at first glance Twilight didn't really accomplish anything from quote-end-quote ''knowing'' Cadence was evil, except for getting herself imprisoned. (though it ended up being a good thing since she supposedly was able to help the real Cadence escape, and I will gracefully assume the real Cadence would not have escaped otherwise)
- The changeling queen denounced Cadence's love as ridiculous, even though just moments prior, the queen herself stated herself as knowingly using love as the source of her power, and acknowledged becoming stronger than Celestia because of it.
- Lastly, remember how Discord was defeated out of nowhere simply because Twilight got her friends back? Well the same thing happened here. The show did it again! On top of that the changeling's defeat might have been even more contrived than Discord's defeat. There was kind of a point in Discord being defeated the way he was, since the main conflict of the story (getting her friends back) was resolved. But here it was.. ok, well, maybe. But it was a bit much having all the changelings in Canterlot defeated at once, and shooting them into the sky Team Rocket style. As well as the heart shaped pose.

That said, the ep has one (and perhaps only one) major redeeming quality and that is Cadence. Also there were good jokes such as how Spike kept playing with the dolls, and how he initially gave Twilight the letters in the wrong order.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down