Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon 2s98ye143%Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon 2s98ye157%Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon

4 posters

Go down

Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon Empty Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon

Post by Maffi Thu May 24, 2012 5:04 pm

http://www.dailydot.com/business/hasbro-my-little-pony-sherry-bourlon/

Daily Dot wrote:On Tuesday, DeviantArt notified the artist that they’d received a cease-and-desist notice directed at her, and that she’d need to take down information on her page about selling plushes.

On Bronies Forever, a Facebook community page with 45,000 members, fans pointed this out that, while Hasbro has sent her the notice, the company does not manufacture plush pony toys and has no competing products.

“Come on, Hasbro,” Nate Dowd wrote. “This is such a load of crap. You appear to have no intention of producing [Friendship is Magic] plushies, especially such high-end ones. So why bother punishing someone when they're not even taking potential money out of your pocket?”

Fans said they realize the company has a duty to protect its intellectual property, but some thought Hasbro would be better off hiring Bourlon to help it start a line of official plush toys.

“Hasbro should just hire these amazing plushie makers and earn money on this, instead of breeding misery,” Jeanette Hansen wrote.

“I'm writing to Hasbro to suggest they hire WhiteDove on as a freelance artist,” Christin Deville added. “I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if we all got together and did this.”

More at link.

Personally I don't really see an issue with it. Hasbro kind of has to shut her down if she's making a profit off of an IP she doesn't own, and for the sake of future IP defense, if she was reported, they can't exactly just say, "Oh well keep on profiting off our IP".
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon Empty Re: Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu May 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Yeah, there's not really an issue with Hasbro stepping in. It would be like if some vendor was selling unlicensed Spongebob plushies. Viacom would definitely take action to defend their IP. By not doing anything, others may get the idea that they can get away with it too.

Anyways, it would be cool if Hasbro did hire her to start a new plushie line, but I think that's 99% likely not to happen.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon Empty Re: Hasbro issues a C&D to Popular Pony Plushie Maker Sherry Bourlon

Post by sBastiZH Thu May 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Seeing as they are not out-right suing her, I don't see any problem with this as well.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWormWhoIsGod Thu May 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Letting her start the plushie line would be a reasonable end to it. She gets to keep doing what she's been doing and Hasbro gets a cut. Everybody wins.
TheWormWhoIsGod
TheWormWhoIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down