Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 2s98ye143%My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 2s98ye157%My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh

+16
ThatOneThinker
Wolf
DoctorWhoMe
Santeco
KungfuCutman
TheWormWhoIsGod
Klonoahedgehog
LuminaCaelo
FearlessSasuke
-mazer
sBastiZH
Necromagenvion
Chronos
Maffi
Chaos
GasmaskGamer
20 posters

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 Empty Re: My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh

Post by -mazer Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 am

Anypony still around?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 Empty Re: My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:00 am

GasmaskGamer wrote:
M "Of Course" Bison wrote:Desu Desu ni kawaii sugoi Gasmask-kun-chan-san-senpai

great, like the show needed to be MORE anime
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:02 am

Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:16 am

THOSE POSTS WERE NOT ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 am

-mazer wrote:THOSE POSTS WERE NOT ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS

Shut the fuck up.
Chaos

http://steamcommunity.com/id/M_bison

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:51 am

Being able to see that no one is online kinda kills my motivation to make some random posts in here...
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Klonoahedgehog Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:57 am

Dangit what's wrong with me? I can't think of a script for the second chapter, but i can think of how the final battle is gonna go down.
The only thing i'm missing from the final battle is i don't know if i should use an MLP villain or a Digimon villain.
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=89323

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:38 am

sBastiZH wrote:Being able to see that no one is online kinda kills my motivation to make some random posts in here...

People will see it eventually. They just don't hang out all the time. Don't forget GMG is always watching from the shadows.
Chronos
Chronos

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/chronos/gamepad/

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 am

Chronos wrote:People will see it eventually. They just don't hang out all the time. Don't forget GMG is always watching from the shadows.
Yeh I know, it's just that this here is more of a chatroom (even more so now that we have a lot more different sections compared to GT) so not really any point in posting a lot here when you're alone.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:42 am

I always have a tab open for this site, and I check back regularly, so.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:45 am

Chronos wrote:
sBastiZH wrote:Being able to see that no one is online kinda kills my motivation to make some random posts in here...

People will see it eventually. They just don't hang out all the time. Don't forget GMG is always watching from the shadows.
Always.

My Little Genchat #1: The Ice Man Cometh - Page 10 54133%20-%20animated%20Forever%20pinkie_pie
sBastiZH wrote:Yeh I know, it's just that this here is more of a chatroom (even more so now that we have a lot more different sections compared to GT) so not really any point in posting a lot here when you're alone.
If I wanted a chat room, I would have put one on the front page like Mazer said. The beauty of Gen Chat is that you can make a post, leave and do something else, come back in a bit, respond, do something else, make another post, etc. You don't have to have your full attention on the site for an extended period of time to partake in conversation.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

^ I do agree with that. Still. Timezones are a bitch xD
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am

sBastiZH wrote:^ I do agree with that. Still. Timezones are a bitch xD
"One people, one timezone."

That should be a campaign slogan.

Also, free Nickelodeon iTunes episodes! Legend of Korra, Avatar, Invader Zim and more!
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 am

speaking of Korra, Team Mako or Team Bolin
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by FearlessSasuke Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:22 pm

FireBender FTW.
FearlessSasuke
FearlessSasuke

https://www.youtube.com/user/CFSasuke?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm

but Bolin at least has a personality
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:51 pm

I played a lot of SF4 the past few days and I'm trying to get back into SFxT. Shit's hard, I got bodied in my first 3 or 4 matches before I started getting used to it again.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:06 pm

How do you even play those games? I could hardly throw a hadouken half the time on SSF4 on the 3DS.

Do you have to buy one of those arcade stick thingies to be any good at it?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Nah, there are plenty of really good players that play on a gamepad instead - IIRC Basti doesn't play on a stick, he plays on a PS3 controller. I think most players do play on a stick, but it's just preference really.

It just takes practice. When I first picked up UMvC3 last year, I had a super hard time doing fireball motions, maybe having only like a 50% success rate. For dragon punch motions, I probably had like a 5% success rate. And then I had to relearn it over again when I started playing on a stick.

But yeah, it just takes some practice. It also helps to start from a more casual game, I think. SF4 is pretty anti-newbie, but some other games like UMvC3 and SFxT and even Skullgirls are a lot more beginner-friendly and have much easier combos.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I may have to check out Skullgirls. Seems interesting.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:30 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:How do you even play those games? I could hardly throw a hadouken half the time on SSF4 on the 3DS.
There's your problem. Tried playing it on the 3DS once and that D-Pad is horrible for a game like this plus I just couldn't hold it in a comfortable position to make fast movements over it.
If you're not familiar with Arcade Sticks, it will take quite some time to become proficient with one, I'm an absolute noob whenever I try to play on my friend's stick. If you're good with them, execution will be a bit easier, only really matters in high level play though.
I play on PS3 controller because it's what I'm used to. And the D-Pad is really comfortable for that sort of game IMO. I'm always using the same of my 4 controllers for SF though, it's not quite interchangeable, the pressure points where it will take the input for a jump or crouch for example are slightly different on my various controllers.
EDIT: Actually, that is what was so shit about the 3DS D-Pad... requires way too much pressure with your thumb to accept an input.

A lot of it is just practice, no matter what type of controlling device you use... If you want to get certain motions down, it helps just going into training room and doing ONLY that 1 move you want to consistently hit for about 5 mins, then switch sides and do another 5 mins. Do this 2-3 times a week and you'll have the execution down perfectly a lot faster than by just playing matches.

I should actually go do that with my FADCs at some point, I'm far too inconsistent with those...
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Is there supposed to be an advantage to using a d-pad as opposed to a joystick.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:Is there supposed to be an advantage to using a d-pad as opposed to a joystick.
No not really. If anything, joysticks as found on Arcade Sticks are supposedly better.

Or do you mean like the analog knub on the 3DS?
Works just as well as a D-Pad for some people, there are people who play with the analog sticks. Though IMO, that gives just way more room for error, as those accept more than the 8 directions needed, which makes it a lot harder to be precise and it takes more time to change from left to right for example. I can't play well with an analog stick either.

Again, preference.

Last edited by sBastiZH on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:42 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:I may have to check out Skullgirls. Seems interesting.

Skullgirls is good for beginners I think. Basic combos are very easy to do in that game (but the system allows enough flexibility for some harder to execute but more damaging combos), and that game's tutorial mode teaches about some important fighting game concepts like mixups, teching throws, and safe pokes. Also it's only $15.

My only issue with it is that its fanbase is more dedicated to the game than I am, so most of the people playing online are probably beyond a beginner level. And also, for some weird reason, the tutorial mode doesn't teach about some other important concepts like cross-ups. But still, it goes further to teach new players these things than basically every other single fighting game out there, so.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Klonoahedgehog Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey guys, i'm writing my fanfic now and i want one of you guy's opinion, how is this coming along?
"Oh i sleep't like a rock last night, oh my aching back" muttered Rarity,
"Well that's what happens when you don't want to sleep on the cold, dirty floor" said Salamon.

The Digidestined and the Digimon were walking along a cliffside road beside the a big forest which is a path to Canterlot castle when Twilight said "Hey SpikeAgumon are you sure this path is safe? One of us could fall into that forest if were not careful." and SpikeAgumon replied "Don't worry Twi, this path is perfectly safe, Digimon go by here all the time, just trust me!"
"Heh, felling a little chicken aren't we Twilight?" Twilight looked back and saw Rainbow mocking her with her arms crossed behind her neck, "I'm not scared!, i was just asking a question!" yelled Twilight.

"Yeah sure" said Rainbow in a sarcastic voice as she walked passed Twilight as she said "She's so annoying." as Applejack walked by saying "Ya get used to it after a while."

All Twilight did was pout as she started walking again only to hear a sound, it was a craking noise a part of the ground she was standing on broke apart as she was about to fall "Oh no!" she yelled, but before she could fall down Applejack caught her.

"Don't worry, i got ya." She said, Twilight was just staring down that steep hill and gulped, SpikeAgumon walked over to Twilight and said "Are you okay?" "That....was a close one." said Twilight.

"We better be more careful, that down there is the Everfree forest, i hear that people who fall in there have never come out to tell the tale." said Gaomon
Puzzled
Listening to One Piece music really gets me in the writing mood by the way.
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=89323

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum