Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 2s98ye143%Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 2s98ye157%Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP

+15
sBastiZH
TheWormWhoIsGod
Godmars
Sanakan
Klonoahedgehog
ThatOneThinker
rockshard
Wolf
-mazer
Necromagenvion
DoctorWhoMe
Chronos
Maffi
GasmaskGamer
Chaos
19 posters

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP

Post by KungfuCutman Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm

M "Of Course" Bison wrote:
Maffi wrote:I think the Season 1 finale might have been better. I don't really remember.

lulzno

LulIagree

This is a better finale.
KungfuCutman
KungfuCutman

Back to top Go down

Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP

Post by rockshard Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 pm

wow this dessert episode is pretty dumb so far

edit: ''ALRIGHT I'M GUILTY, I WEAR FALSE EYELASHES!! Oh and I took a bite out of the cake.''

This ep rocks.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Tue May 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Perform a sonic rainboom at a wedding? Really? Celestia is so manipulative..

oh god a musical number
I need Jesus to lend me some of his strength.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Tue May 08, 2012 10:53 pm

ok weird that Celestia and Luna have a pointless cameo scene when Luna is almost nonexistent before, and didn't even appear in the Discord eps.

Also who does she think she does telling Celestia to rest. After whole Mare of the Moon fiasco, she's as good as Celestia's slave. Needs to show some respect.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Thu May 10, 2012 12:02 am

rockshard wrote:ok weird that Celestia and Luna have a pointless cameo scene when Luna is almost nonexistent before, and didn't even appear in the Discord eps.

Also who does she think she does telling Celestia to rest. After whole Mare of the Moon fiasco, she's as good as Celestia's slave. Needs to show some respect.
Boy, turn in your avatar.
Wolf
Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Thu May 10, 2012 2:25 am

Maybe I was looking at it the wrong way. Because what basically happens is:

1. Twilight confronts Cadence.
2. As a result, Twilight discovers the truth.
3. Twilight is therefore able expose the truth to everyone else. And does.

That's the story in this ep. It actually *gasp* makes sense. Granted she gets humiliated and then imprisoned, but those facts just distracted me from the actuality of the events. I previously mistook the events as:

1. Twilight confronts Cadence.
2. Twilight gets humiliated.
3. Then she gets imprisoned.
3. By luck, she saves the day.

Though it still feels pretty wrong the way her friends reacted. It's like we learned something about them we didn't want to know.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanakan Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 am

Decided to register finally, haven't been to GT in months.

I just have to say I rewatched the season 2 finale again and I did not realize that Britt McKillip was Cadance's voice actor and singer. Holy shit that girl has pipes on her. I did not know she could sing like that — very powerful.

Honestly I've never really enjoyed the songs in general. I didn't think they were bad (in fact they're all done well) but they're not my thing overall just due to my musical preferences I guess. However "This Day Aria" I fully enjoy and was genuinely blown away by, especially "evil" Cadance's sections. Those were truly powerful and dynamic. It really reminded me of an oldschool Disney song which is a great thing. I hope there's more songs like this in the future.

This has probably already been said before many times so apologies for the redundancy.
Sanakan
Sanakan

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 am

oh. good someone replied. this way I don't have to double post.
The other day I totally had a eureka about the flim and flap cider ep.

It's not about apple acre's incompetence pulling through in the end. ("dear celestia, I was right. Even though out stupidity almost cost us the farm and we won out through sheer luck.")

It's about economics and a critique of capitalism.
In the most competitive environment, AJ's family won simply because they stuck to their principles. And by won I mean they didn't just produce marginally better cider, or at a marginally lower price. Winning in this case meant not utterly collapsing as a business due to people choking a twig from drinking your cider, or getting cancer.

So I don't think it's a dumb ep anymore, it's actually one of the best eps now.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by Godmars Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Think what you're seeing, as far as the issue with the wedding episode goes, is the problem with the show's writing that's only going to build. That MLP is a kids show meant to include adults, but not specifically aimed at us.
Wolf wrote:
rockshard wrote:ok weird that Celestia and Luna have a pointless cameo scene when Luna is almost nonexistent before, and didn't even appear in the Discord eps.

Boy, turn in your avatar.
Yeaaahh...going to have to agree.
Godmars
Godmars

Back to top Go down

Post by Godmars Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 am

Will Hasbro ever be able, or willing, to deal with the show's adult fandom on a appropriate level? Put out actual and whole season collections instead of the semi-random groupings of 4-5 episodes on a DVD?
Godmars
Godmars

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 am

I hope so. I want a complete Season One and Complete Season 2 DVD/Blu-Ray set and a CD/iTunes album with all the songs from the show.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FearlessSasuke Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 pm

13 episodes confirmed in Season 3.

Not sure how I should feel about this.
FearlessSasuke
FearlessSasuke

https://www.youtube.com/user/CFSasuke?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Santeco Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 pm

probably just need to renew their contracts
Santeco
Santeco

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

So HUB canceling FiM pretty much confirmed?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klonoahedgehog Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm

I surprised nobody has made an Organization 13 joke about this yet. >.>
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=89323

Back to top Go down

Post by Necromagenvion Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 pm

I made a comment about this 13 thing but I'm so lazy to copy and paste it. But to sum things up, they might be for better narrative purposes or just a hiatus between december and january.
Necromagenvion
Necromagenvion

Back to top Go down

Post by KungfuCutman Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 am

The episodes, COULD be longer then. They do have an hour time slot for new episodes during the weekend.

If this is the last season, then darn. I was hoping it'd go for 104 episodes.

Hopefully there's explanation, I won't care if it spoils something like, series finale 2 hour movie coming, at least give some closure to the reason
KungfuCutman
KungfuCutman

Back to top Go down

Post by Santeco Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Season 3 Episode 3

Spoiler:
Santeco
Santeco

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Santeco wrote:Season 3 Episode 3

Spoiler:

I see we're still getting recycled cartoon plots. Tongue At least FiM is good at making them entertaining regardless.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Santeco Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 pm

also

Spoiler:
Santeco
Santeco

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Shocked
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klonoahedgehog Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I have the sudden urge to make that pic a reaction image.

KungfuCutman wrote:The episodes, COULD be longer then. They do have an hour time slot for new episodes during the weekend.

If this is the last season, then darn. I was hoping it'd go for 104 episodes.

Hopefully there's explanation, I won't care if it spoils something like, series finale 2 hour movie coming, at least give some closure to the reason

Just in case this is the last season i'm just gonna download my story to a USB or something to upload to Deviantart later just in case with the end of FIM they close FIM fiction as well, work on what because i have a ton of ideas that with my working speed won't be finished within a year.
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by KungfuCutman Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:

Spoiler:

I see we're still getting recycled cartoon plots. Tongue At least FiM is good at making them entertaining regardless.
Yeah, Spongebob recently did an episode the same
KungfuCutman
KungfuCutman

Back to top Go down

Post by Klonoahedgehog Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 pm

KungfuCutman wrote:
GasmaskGamer wrote:

Spoiler:

Really?
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by KungfuCutman Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
KungfuCutman wrote:
GasmaskGamer wrote:

Spoiler:

Really?
Yeah, Spongebob was tied to having to do stuff with Patrick, Krabs and Sandy all at the same time, so he had to move around each character, till the end he is cloned by Sandy then able to hang out and help all the characters
KungfuCutman
KungfuCutman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next