Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 2s98ye143%Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 2s98ye157%Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 Empty Re: Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later

Post by Maffi Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am

Yeah, no kidding.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later - Page 4 Empty Re: Official MSPA Discussion Thread #1: Stab First, Ask Questions Later

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Bye Gamzee.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:51 am

I should have known that after that tiny taste of actual plot we'd get hurled right into the thick of more awkward teen drama, oh boy
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 am

Hussie was socially awkward in High School so he makes up for all the lack of teen relationships he never had.

Or maybe he just fills Homestuck with cruddy and drama-filled teen relationships to make himself feel better about never having one.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 am

lol that's pretty harsh

But really I feel like it's been like 50% teen drama lately, I seriously miss when it was just the original 4 kids going up against Bec Noir. That feels like so long ago.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Personally I blame the trolls. Once that many characters got introduced, the fandom went berserk and the strip became a romantic match-making game. Hussie must know where his bread is buttered, 'cause he's taking advantage of the "down time" while everyone waits for the Alpha kids to show up to develop some teen on teen drama and relationships. Plus he increased all of their ages to 16, so now it's "okay" for their to be gay dudes and lesbian vampire trolls.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 pm

U mad callie?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:39 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:U mad callie?

I swear this is becoming like a chore to keep up with. There is too much shit going on. Way too much shit. Why is there so much shit????

What with Callie in the dream-void, having to find herself and make use of herself as a weapon or whatever to kill her brother.

And now Dirk with his glasses-drama.

I think you may be right about the trolls thing. The whole quadrants thing opened a can of drama-filled worms. While it was funny and ironic at first, by now the comic has gotten so ridiculously saturated with unironic drama that I can't take any of it seriously.

It also doesn't help that there are a billion characters to keep track of. Even if Hussie was making fun of himself for it.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 am

I saw a video by one of them "Yo I'm an Internet dude who talks about things and makes a million jump cuts in each of my videos" dudes (except apparently he was sponsored by PBS), and basically he said that Homestuck is the Ulysses of the internet. I don't know squat about Ulysses, but from what the guy said it's pretty much a super long and super confusing (like gives you a headache by reading a sentence confusing) that people read only to say they've read all of Ulysses. The real reason people like it so much is because of how much effort they've invested into completing it and being one of the few to say "I did it."

And honestly, it sounds like a pitch-perfect comparison. Homestuck isn't necessarily an awesome webcomic (especially as of late), but it's long and confusing and you keep at it because you think, "Well, I've made it this far." It's not so much about being good as it is about being Homestuck.

Then again, maybe Hussie's just playing a mind game with all of us. Heck, with the length of some of those pesterlogs, he probably isto be playing a mind game with us.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 am

Like this. That is not something you find in a good webcomic. Nothing but Homestuck can get away with something so stupid, pointless, and a big waste of time. Is Hussie trying to be ironic? Or making a joke about people who try to be ironic? How freaking meta does this thing have to be?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:57 am

I watched the first 5 seconds of that flash animation and then just quit. Whatever statement Hussie is trying to make with that flash (ironic, making fun of people being ironic, or something even more ironic than that), I'm not interested in it.

I'm with you on Homestuck not really being an awesome webcomic anymore. It was there at first - when it was charming and (relatively) simplistic, yet still epic in scope, when it was about John et al. getting revenge on Bec Noir for John's dad and Rose's mom and Dave's bro. That was perfect motivation for them to fuck up Bec Noir. But now John actually gets the chance to beat up Bec Noir while in a dream bubble or something, but he doesn't take it, because apparently revenge isn't even a motivation anymore. Plus, it's got infinite characters and it's virtually impossible to keep track of anything without help from the forums or the wiki or whatever else out there. It's a mess.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:04 am

Hussie.

Hussie, stop.

Hussie.

Hussie, you already made that joke 56 pages ago.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

the [s] jane: engage flash animation is just so terrible on so many levels
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:01 am

i think i should seriously just stop reading now
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am

I'm stating to think Trickster Mode is actually a parody of how terrible the fandom is in how they just want the characters to make babies and engage in some girl-on-girl smooching.

In that sense I'm actually somewhat enjoying it.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Huh. Didn't even notice until today, but Hussie changed Jane's dialogue on this panel:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/trickster.php?s=6&p=007623

Used to say she felt so Caucasian, instead of peachy. And then I was like, uhhhh yeah I guess that's white people?????

GasmaskGamer wrote:I'm stating to think Trickster Mode is actually a parody of how terrible the fandom is in how they just want the characters to make babies and engage in some girl-on-girl smooching.

In that sense I'm actually somewhat enjoying it.

Even if this is true I'm pretty sick of this random BS, and the dialogue has been pretty vomit-inducing. :/
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 pm

I can tolerate it because it's insulting the fandom. Too bad it'll go over most of their heads.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm tempted to buy this for someone and mail it to them as a joke.

Too bad it's so expensive.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=MSPA-SBAHJ-HARDCOVER
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

TopatoCo wrote:Limited to one print run.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

But look, it's such great value! For only $44 + shipping, you get not only a limited hardcover copy of SBaHJ, but also a $500* coupon at Subway!
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 pm

But only if I yell loud enough. :|

But look at the size of that ribob! It's over three subway sandwiches long!
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm

That cat is so hype about that ribbob.

I think my favorite part of that whole thing is "geromy doesnt fuck anything up ever because hes perfect. i love geromy."
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 pm

He's there to provide much needed racial diversity. Tongue
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Yes! Finally! PLOT!!!
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 am

Agreed. And it's great to see The Felt again.

Maybe the comic will start getting good again.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next