Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 2s98ye143%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 2s98ye157%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

+9
FearlessSasuke
Wolf
Santeco
Klonoahedgehog
DoctorWhoMe
GasmaskGamer
Chaos
sBastiZH
Maffi
13 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:11 am

Protip: If you get frustrated playing Injustice, just pick Superman. My Day 1 Supes is better than my near-week-old Zatanna. Forward 2-3 cancel into EX Breath all day,
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Trying out Squigly in training mode. She is a LOT of fun to play - she has some really cool things about her specials that I don't think I've seen in any other fighting game. Thinking there's some sweet potential synergy between her and Cerebella. Cerebella AA-grab assist can be good for one particular setup I'm thinking of, specifically. Hehehe >:)

Also, since Squigly has a kara-throw, I can kinda convince myself that I'd be playing a team of two grapplers. You know, kind of! :D
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:02 am

Squigly so much fun~
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Finally took the time to make that Yatagarasu video. Also recorded a Squigly BnB video. Gonna try uploading both of 'em tonight.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 am

I hope the DLC Characters for skullgirls hit pretty quick. The game is great, but could use a bigger roster
Chronos
Chronos

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/chronos/gamepad/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:16 am

Same. I'm really satisfied with Squigly so far (she's the reason why I'm starting to think of actually playing a team, even though I've only really played solo so far), and I hope Big Band, Eliza, and Beowulf all turn out great as well.

Hmm, now that I think about it... Maybe I could do a Squigly/Peacock as one team, and then have Cerebella/Beowulf for the wrestling theme team...
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:02 am

Daigo vs Xian in a FT10 exhibition match tonight was amazing. Just... owch.

I'mma post a link to it soon as I can.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:37 am

Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Well that was a bloodbath...
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah. I was kinda expecting

Daigo vs Xian FT10 Exhibition Match Results:
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Spoiler:
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Ugh, the timing on Filia's combos are so annoying. Rather, it's more like, I find it annoying that some combos require completely different timing based on what opponent you're beating up on. My hands weren't made for this :(

Even some great universal BnBs I'm using now I drop often just cuz the timing is so awkward. I kinda miss SF combos where we didn't have to worry about weight classes. :/

I may try cooling off on playing SG for a bit. I just find it annoying cuz I think my Filia/Cerebella team has some amazing synergy but I just can't land this combo I need on Filia with consistency if I have to switch up the timing for each character.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:01 am

hm...
my Filia BnB hits everyone the same way, aside from the mirror and vs Valentine where the standing LP and MP whiffs on a crouching opponent. But I can just directly go into the cMK in those matchups instead.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:25 am

I'm using 2 BnBs for Filia ATM specifically for some Cerebella setups but one doesn't work well in a Filia mirror because I cross up like 30% of the time and it seems like it takes some VERY acute sense of height in order to get it to not cross up. I could use the cross up as a gimmicky reset, but honestly it's a terrible reset and would only work like once against any competent opponent.

The other BnB is universal and doesn't cross up at all which is great, except it's so much harder to do consistently. Different weight classes also have some minor variations In timing and it's annoying keeping track of them all.

Both of these technically set up the same situation I want but the timing always throws me off. Even at 50% speed I don't land them 100% of the time.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I missed this, but apparently the final logo has been chosen for Ultra SF4:

Spoiler:
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 am

Getting better at landing this bnb. Would be so good on my Filia/Cerebella team but suddenly now I wanna try a Filia/Parasoul team. The bnb still works and sets up a good situation for Parasoul but I'm not sure it's AS good. Then again, a Filia/Parasoul team has the benefit of two invincible assists and some silly shenanigans if I forgo the uppercut assists... decisions decisions

EDIT: Filia probably makes a better anchor actually, but it's riskier having Parasoul on point IMO due to potential bad matchups with other point characters. Maybe it won't be so bad if I throw on Cerebella as anchor and Filia as 2nd, but still... maybe if I'm going for a 3 person team I should start Filia instead since she has better defensive tools for those potential bad matchups. But then I lose out on the great synergy between Filia/Cerebella combos and setups. And if I try Filia/Bella/Soul then I'm forced to use a second-rate anchor! Arrgh so many possibilities!

... maybe I'll just learn Double.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 am

Watching Juston Wong practice UMVC3 combos while talking about his Pokemans.

He takes great pride in his Glaceon because he worked on upping its Special Attack EVs by having it fight Bidoofs for 5 hours.

Listening to Justin talk about that is just so... surreal, yet hilarious.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Very Happy

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 7C487E3F9E44F3693F448FF2ED64A0C64340FFAB
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:39 pm

So the M stands for "Master"!

Congrats!
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:50 pm

For some odd reason the game decided to give me the Grand Master title after some more playing. Doesn't make much sense since I didn't even play well looking at my PP, but OK

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 14 44A76D07E459BD6457967741CB43420A1A468B8F
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 am

I just googled and apparently Grand Master's the highest rank there is. So wow, congrats.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Just found this on my twitter feed like 15 min ago. Ultra SF4 changes:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/10/24/new-battle-systems-in-ultra-sfiv

Double Ultra and Red Focus confirmed. Hakan is about to be ridiculously top tier.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

I don't really know how to feel about this...
Red Focus is going to easily break Bipson pressure, so at least from my chars POV, this doesn't seem too great.
And then we have grapplers with access to a grab and AA ultra now... great.

I think this is going to break the balance in this game.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:37 am

Red Focus costs two bar, so I wouldn't worry too much. Sure it could blow up scissor kicks, but if baited then that's two bars gone plus a punish opportunity.

None of the grapplers, other than Hakan, are actually really good characters, so IDGAF if people complain that I can put them into a 50/50 guessing game once a round. The double-ultra option also (according to tweets) lower damage to 67%, so each of the ultras are much less dangerous than they are now. And each ultra is still very punishable.

EDIT: Not to mention that a double ultra option makes other characters much more viable now. Dhalsim might actually start getting seen at tourneys again (other than Art and FChamp). Rose could be good too, potentially (I'm really hoping they speed up her U1 to make it a more viable AA). Makoto, although IMO already a very good character, is still under-represented and maybe this buff will make her a more attractive option to other players.

What I am particularly worried about, though, is how strong a double-ultra option makes already top-tier characters. Cammy and Fei Long will both love this change. Akuma may become hilariously OP. Each of those characters will need pretty significant nerfs to balance out this buff.

I'm interested in seeing how they deal with unblockables, too. Hakan's going to be ridiculous if he gets this double ultra option and if he gets to keep all his unblockables.  I've heard rumors about a delayed wake-up option (which is already technically an option right now, but regardless), but I'm afraid that it'll make characters like Dudley complete and total garbage.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next