Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 2s98ye143%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 2s98ye157%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

+9
FearlessSasuke
Wolf
Santeco
Klonoahedgehog
DoctorWhoMe
GasmaskGamer
Chaos
sBastiZH
Maffi
13 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Klonoahedgehog Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Maffi wrote:What platform(s) are y'all thinking of getting it on anyway? I only got 360 so that's really the only option for me, unless they want to make a PC port later on.
Is there a version for Wii U? That's the only HD system i have.
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=89323

Back to top Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Yup, there's gonna be a Wii U version. That's the version I'm planning on getting.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Klonoahedgehog Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:Yup, there's gonna be a Wii U version. That's the version I'm planning on getting.
Then we can play sometime. Very Happy
Klonoahedgehog
Klonoahedgehog

http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=89323

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm

The crowbar is a nice touch.

Spoiler:
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 pm

I want this :I

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-16x20-Oil-Painting-of-Mike-Ross-E-Honda-/230932144355?

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 $(KGrHqV,!hMFEFOUcCW3BRI605GP8g~~60_57

If only I had hundreds of dollars to spend on paintings of Mike Ross
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 am

More money has been spent on less worthy things.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 am

Just a quick reminder, Winter Brawl 7 is starting today, at 1pm EST. The main stream is Team Sp00ky, over at: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Games include:

SSBM
SSBB
SSF4AE2012
SFXT2013
ST
3SOE
MK9
KOF13
P4A
TTT2
SC5

and a BUNCH of others. Competition includes both team tournaments and singles. Event concludes tomorrow.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_TV_Play#List_of_compatible_games
http://www.giantbomb.com/off-tv-play/3015-7482/games/

Injustice isn't on either of those lists. But on 2nd thought I have to wonder if maybe it will have off-TV play, and it simply hasn't been mentioned yet.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:08 am

Probably just hasn't been mentioned yet. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:45 am

But to be fair, every person should be playing Injustice on their very own Mad Catz Fightstick Pro:

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 Madcatz_wb4

Key features include:
  • a stick
  • a jab (LP) button
  • a strong (MP) button
  • a fierce (HP) button
  • a short (LK) button
  • a forward (MK) button
  • a roundhouse (HK) button
  • two extra buttons you can use for ??
  • a turbo button so you can use Honda's Hundred Hands at your leisure and ease

I know that when I'm laying down the hurt on evildoers online, I can count on my Mad Catz Fightstick Pro. So get your Mad Catz Fightstick Pro today!
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Oh yeah, so Darkstalkers Resurrection (compilation of Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge and Darkstalkers 3) is coming out March 12/13 for PSN/XBLA. It's being ported by Iron Galaxy, the same guys who did MvC: Origins and Third Strike: Online Edition.

Combofiend did a video going over the basic mechanics of the game:

I'm definitely gonna check this out, I've been curious about Darkstalkers for a long time.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by FearlessSasuke Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 10 Squigly_ActionShot

Keep Skullgirls Growing
Lab Zero Games needs funds to finish its first DLC character, Squigly!
FearlessSasuke
FearlessSasuke

https://www.youtube.com/user/CFSasuke?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 am

I'm leaving for the World Game Cup 2013!
See you guys later again.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Good luck Basti!
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:11 am

Well, it's been a week ago. Did not so good in my tournament matches, had some good free play with other good players. Also got raped by GamerBee in a money match xD
Oh, and I was on stream, but again didn't win anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDuq4JQgM1Q, from 2:40 on against Skatan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvHAsQoz1SA, from around 8:00 on against Afii, they somehow got my name totally wrong there. I should really stop fullscreen EX crushers. Also weird that I got grabbed out of my focus-dash at the end of round 2 as I went for one too, so it should've teched. Guess I messed up my timing.

And won a small local tourney this weekend. First prize money (which was spent right away for paying a round) :P
The people from our group that play together almost weekly got 1st - 3rd plus 9th (we all won our pools except matge)
Spoiler:
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Odd thing about the name. Some kind of mixup with the brackets, I guess?? In any case, pretty sweet that you got to play Gamerbee, even if it ended in a loss. He's beast.

And grats on the win on the local tourney Very Happy
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 am

Funny moments from SSF IV. Done by one of the guys I play with regularly.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm

That Hakan super through Gouken Ultra 2 was smart as hell.

That Makoto comeback from a pixel of life was epic. Command grab into command grab reset was the luuuuuulz.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Going to Amsterdam over the weekend for the Red Fight District!
My pool looks doable. Hope I perform decent overall.

See you guys in a few days again.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Perform all the shuryadoukens you can, sBasti!
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Good luck! I expect you to win at least one round with a raw Ultra 2. :P
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am

Hmmm. I'm not so sure about letting the community make suggestions. Well, of course it depends on who they listen to in the end.

That said, I just wrote a huge wall of text about what I want to see for Bison.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:54 am

I don't know Bison that in-depth so I can't really comment.

I do have some opinions here and there though:

In general:

-Remove all unblockables. The game lately has started to become too vortex-heavy as it is without having unblockables making vortexes even more painful

For my main man, Gief:

-Buffing EX Green Hand to its Super glory would probably be a bit much and also contradictory to making the game less vortex-heavy, but the reward for landing it still seems weak. Make it +3 on hit to make it slightly better for pressure. You still won't be able to combo into anything from it, but at least it would make Gief's jabs/shorts more threatening after it hits.
-Reduce cr.LK recovery by 1 frame so it has a 2-frame window to link into jab or short. Makes hit-confirming into his BnB easier.
-Increase damage of jabs to 25. This is still less than the damage than his Super incarnation, but it will make his BnB a little more damaging. EDIT: Then again, not so sure. Gief is a grappler, so landing his throws should be his biggest priority. Landing a BnB should IMO just get Gief into throw range.
-Might be a bit much, but I'd like to see a nerf to the damage/stun on Jab Green Hand, while making it -2 on hit (but still keeping all versions very unsafe on block). This would make it so Gief can actually get in on a well-played footsie game without having to spend ridiculous amounts of meter on EX Green Hand just to get in. The -2 makes it very bad to use as a pressure tool and also bad to use against several characters (grapplers, Chun with super, etc.) but at least Gief will be able to get into a threatening range against characters with dominant ground games a little bit easier (like Sagat (this is already one of the worst match-ups in the game), Chun, etc.) Keep Strong and Fierce Green Hand as-is, though. EDIT: Also, with this change, make Jab Green Hand un-Focus-Cancellable. Cancelling into Jab Green Hand should only be done from a hit-confirm, and it should never be able to be made safe from a FADC.
-You can take back the "buff" Gief got in 2012( s.HP causes a knockdown on hit, but only the far version, you can't combo into it, and it's also slower than s.HK. Thanks Capcom). If we gotta keep it, reduce the startup so it can catch jumpers better in block strings/resets and increase the float state so we can juggle with EX Green Hand. You know, so it can actually be useful for something.
-EDIT: Make RBGs run a bit faster. Thinking something like SFxT.
-EDIT: Make s.MK not minus a billion on hit/block. Move is literally useless atm.
-EDIT: Increase recovery of s.LK by 1 frame but increase hitstun/blockstun by 1 frame. This makes it slightly easier to whiff-punish, but at the same time, it makes the window to cancel into EX Green Hand a bit wider for it to combo.
-Basically I want to reinforce the footsie game of Gief. I'm sure some players would like to see Gief go back to vortexes off of landing an EX Green Hand, but really we don't need MORE vortexes in the game.

Other character changes:

-Give Dudley his Street Fighter 3 voice. I don't care if you can't get the VA back, just use the audio files from SFIII. Also he definitely deserves buffs in some way unrelated to his voice, but I'm not sure exactly how.
-Chun Ultra 2 needs to do more than tickle the opponent (and Balrog Ultra 1 too tbh - though at least Balrog's Ultra 1 has the awesome corner carry)
-Chun Kikoken changed into a HCF+P input. Not a big deal, it's just I'm used to playing SFIII (and SFxT) where it's a HCF+P input instead of charge. You can make nerf it in other ways to balance it out, like reducing damage or making them fade away faster. I'm just so used to playing Third Strike/SFxT and I keep forgetting how to play AE Chun.
-Add height restriction to Cammy's EX Dive Kick, or at least make it less advantageous on block/hit. It's ridiculous atm. +14 on block and if it hits you can combo into Ultra?? REALLY???
-Add landing recovery to Akuma's Demon Flip Palm and Dive Kick, so they can't be used as safe jumps.
-Ibuki's kunai vortex needs a nerf somehow. Not sure how since I don't play Ibuki at all, but god damn.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:01 am

I'd be fine with most of what your proposing for Gief, as long as grab range of jab SPD gets nerfed a tad.
And yeah, remove unblockables. Signed.
I'll look at other chars individually in the threads and sum up what I want here.
Also, patch out Fuerte pls? Maybe Blanka too? Tongue

For Bison all I really want is a tweak to U2 (either make it a motion again or reduce startup by a bit, it's by far the slowest anti-fireball ultra in the game. I'm not even sure if there are any slower ultras, I mean 22 frames startup, come on) and 1 or 2 normals to improve his anti-air game.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next