Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 2s98ye143%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 2s98ye157%Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

+9
FearlessSasuke
Wolf
Santeco
Klonoahedgehog
DoctorWhoMe
GasmaskGamer
Chaos
sBastiZH
Maffi
13 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by Maffi Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I would probably be ok with a slight nerf to Jab SPD range given the buff to Jab Green Hand. I like the idea of getting in using a meter-less BnB, and then that's where his throws are threatening.

I'd be totally cool if Fuerte and Blanka somehow got removed in some kind of terrible bug in the new patch, and they were not able to put them back in the game.

I didn't realize Bison's Ultra 2 was so slow. Damn near have to straight up predict the fireball at that point o_o
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory! - Page 11 Empty Re: Fighting Games Megathread: Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Post by sBastiZH Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Maffi wrote:Damn near have to straight up predict the fireball at that point o_o
Depends on the MU. Rose for example can easily be done on reaction. Most others are possible on reaction too, but VERY hard. I usually buffer the Ultra here and there, if a fireball comes out I only need to press a button, that works. If none comes out, tough shit, lost my charge. Guile is simply impossible even with it buffered though.
If it was more in line with other also rather slow Ultras like Abel's U1, that would already be 8 frames faster.

It can even be used as an anti-air since the hitbox goes up pretty far, but again, almost impossible to do mostly. I can get a 50/50 setup with the guess on which side I land consistently if the opponent jumps, but that's a desperation move.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:06 pm

UltraDavid actually had the same idea about making Jab Green Hand safe but disadvantageous on block, but he wanted EX Green Hand to go back to Super and knockdown, BUT increase the startup by 1 frame (and presumably also extending invincibility 1 frame) so you can't combo into it from lights. I think that's an interesting idea, and I'd be happy with that too, if not moreso. It won't have the stupid Gief vortex from Super since you can't combo, but it has a better utility against plasma-chuckers if they get too predictable with their fireball timings (or anyone who gets really predictable throwing out really slow pokes).
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Well, well, well.
I think Alioune is an idiot and sore loser if this is actually him posting stuff like that, just because he can't handle Gagapa...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/mar/28/top-players-offer-character-change-suggestions-new-street-fighter-4-update-guile-m-bison-makoto-ryu-sagat-and-sakura/?page=2
He basically wants to hit Bison, a mid tier character, with the nerf bat HARD. I mean just look at his suggestions, what the flying fuck, taking all pressure options away? He has no mixups or damage output, he NEEDS his pressure game.

His suggestions for other chars also don't really make much sense to me. Why should a DP to forward FADC be -3 or -4 on block for shotos? -1 or -2, alright, but a guaranteed punish? Completely remove any kind of mind games or what? And why would Sakura need an airgrab?

That's all provided this is actually Alioune. Some ppl say it's been confirmed it's actually him, but I'm not so sure.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 pm

re: DP-FADC -3/-4 on block suggestion, in terms of using DPs on wake-up:

It would make backdashing on opponent's wake-up less of a thing, which could be really useful for characters with horrible backdashes. Theoretically then you could still backdash FADC out of a DP to make it safe, you just couldn't get your ultra damage off of it on a hit unless your name's Cammy. Mindgames on wake-up are still there but it makes it riskier to forward dash FADC.

Personally I wouldn't mind the change as long as EX DPs were safe on forward dash FADCs, just to prevent DP-FADC into another DP-FADC, but really, I don't really care too much either way. Arguably the heavy focus on oki in SF4 is what helps define it as a game against, say, the intense focus on footsies in SFxT.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Maffi wrote:unless your name's Cammy.
You kinda nailed it there. It's Alioune proposing stuff like that (or not, who knows).

And the Bison changes in themselves would be fine if you give him better mixups, damage output and rushdown instead, but I don't see that coming from him. Except the cMP buff, but that would never compensate for all the nerfs he's suggesting.

Last edited by sBastiZH on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah, I nearly forgot he played Cammy. I guess you could argue that because the forward hitbox on Cammy's DP is really bad, it's okay that you can get ultra, buuuuuuut still. :/

Yeah, I'd rather they just keep Bison as a footsie-heavy and pressure-heavy character instead of changing him into a high-damage mixup character. No reason to make such a big change. I think most of the characters really only need relatively minor tweaks to make all of them competitive but not horribly overpowered.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I would be willing to buy a new version of SF4 given that new characters are added. They should add all the SF ones from SFxT since it's all on the same engine. Someone already made a Rolento mod on PC, so I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult either.

Would really love to get Elena, Poison, and Hugo too.

EDIT: AE shouldn't have had Oni and Evil Ryu. Should have had Rolento and Elena instead >:(
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Regarding Bison's Ultra 2: I checked framedata. It's the slowest Ultra in the game.

My post on Capcom-Unity regarding Gief:

I don't play Gief at all (may main is Dictator) but I play against him a lot, so I don't know how reasonable I'm going to be here, but here goes:

- Normal banishing flat should be safe on hit, at least one version. -2 or -1. Slightly increase pushback on hit so it's out of grab range if it hits on max range only jab SPD is in range afterwards
- Make EX banishing flat cause a hard knockdown. But increase startup so it can't combo into his lights, that way the normal version needs to be used for combos and the EX rewards you for a correct read/reaction against a poke or fireball. Or at least buff its damage.
- Slight meter gain when cancelling a fireball with a banishing flat
- Both should stay really unsafe on block

- Improve walkspeed of running bear grab

- Make Lariat a DP or quarter circle motion input or give the kick version a tad more recovery (forget that one)

- Slightly nerf jab SPD range to compensate for the banishing flat buff

- make far sMK less unsafe on block

- add 1 frame of recovery, hitstun and blockstun to sLK (easier to cancel into banishing flat)

sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 pm

Some great suggestions for nerfing Cammy:

sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:30 am

Would luv to see Cammy balls/space jumps
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminaCaelo Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:40 am

I have Super Streetest Fighter 4: Arcade Edition.

Does this give me a free pass for asswhoopin'?

PSN: Silverslate1991
LuminaCaelo
LuminaCaelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 am

If you got Xbox or PC I'm down. Unfortunately I don't got a PS3 :(
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminaCaelo Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 am

I've only a PS3 and a PC...Said PC is laggy while playing L4D or TF2...on lower settings.
LuminaCaelo
LuminaCaelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 am

Not that SF4 is all that difficult to run but if your PC can't handle TF2 well, then well

It ain't a good look :/
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:28 am

SF4 is even less resource hogging I think. Lowest settings should work. maybe even toning down resolution a bit.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminaCaelo Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

sBastiZH wrote:SF4 is even less resource hogging I think. Lowest settings should work. maybe even toning down resolution a bit.
Sadly for me the bigger factor isn't my computer, but rather money, or lack thereof.
LuminaCaelo
LuminaCaelo

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm

You can pick up SSFIV AE for 10-15 bucks. But if you want, I have a spare GFWL key, you'd just have to download an ISO of the installation disk somewhere.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Capcom, implement this into AE 2013, PLS.

sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:09 pm

And all Sagat is allowed to say is "cornflakes".
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 pm

v2013 Akuma changes

Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Also, I don't understand why people want so many input changes to moves. The only input I'd really like to change is Chun's Kikoken to HCF+P so it's in line with Third Strike and SFxT, but even then, I don't even really care that much (although Chun is absolutely deserving of a buff regardless). Everything else IMO is perfectly fine.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by sBastiZH Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:42 pm

lol. Loved the small nerf at the end xD

EDIT:
Well, one move that I'd want to go back to qcf qcf motion would be Biosn's Ultra 2 since it's sooooo slow anyways, or reduce startup frames and leave it a charge, but I already said this.
sBastiZH
sBastiZH

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm

I love the teleport change. It's MAHVEL BABY!

And yeah I wouldn't mind if they reduced the startup of Bison's U2 or reverted it back to QCFx2. Don't have a strong preference for one over the other. It's just that some people suggest input changes to moves even though the characters in question have always had the move being input in that fashion (or something similar), and changing the input itself would constitute a pretty substantial buff/nerf.

For example, the suggested change to Akuma's U2 from Up, Up + 3K. Why? Akuma is used to having inputs like this (e.g. in 3S, one of his secret super arts is a Down, Down, Down + 3P motion, and in SFxT another is Down, Down, Down + 3K.) Sure, they're awkward inputs, but it's not like they haven't been around for forever, and they add to the flavor of the character.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maffi Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 am

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/apr/29/tier-listing-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-v2012-justin-wong-part-1/

Justin Wong's (partial) tier list. I agree with parts of it, but without seeing the positions of the entire list of characters, it's hard to criticize.
Maffi
Maffi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next