Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? 2s98ye143%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? 2s98ye157%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

5 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? Empty Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:53 am

Hey guys. Tomorrow (Sat) afternoon I will be doing the final test of the GT game.

I just need some people to help me out. I need to gather opinions on several aspects such as:

Enemy Difficulty
Typos/Mispelling
Areas without music
Glitches/crashes

And anything else that may pop up.

The only thing I need to add to the game is the final cut-scene and a handful of items but everything else has been finished.

If anyone can test to see if tiles are probably fomatted (meaning you can walk where you are supposed too and not walk where you are not supposed to) it will really help me out.

The more help I get, the better. I seriously will appreciate it.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by Santeco Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 am

well post a link here then and we will see

as for me i am going on a trip on Sat and on Sun Wii U is out, so its going to be a tight schedule

if i come back home early on Sat then i can probably test it out
Santeco
Santeco

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 pm

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:06 pm

I'd be happy to help you Beta Test, Mazer!

I had a big text file full of bugs I found but I think I was stupid and never posted them to one of your GT threads. I'll go through it and see if those bugs still exist, as well as looking for new ones.

Last edited by GasmaskGamer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks gas!!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Do you want me to post 'em as I get 'em (or at least on a town by town/quest by quest/forum by forum basis) or just make one huge post after I've gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb?
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 pm

lol! Either way works for me! ^_^

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I'll probably just post 'em as I get 'em.

These are all for the beginning of the game before you get to the Sports Forum.

Bugs

• It’s possible to register at the computer and leave the start area without ever talking to the person at the desk and getting the tutorials. Perhaps you should automate the player walking up to the receptionist and getting the tutorials.
• After Mazer talks to you and the guard yells at him at the beginning: talking to the guard causes him to remain facing Mazer rather than turning to face you.
• AP Tutorials 2 & 3 ask which party member you want to use the item on rather than just opening to show the tutorial.
• Opening the chest inside the red-roofed house in Hub Town tells you that you receive Worst Quotes 1, even though it gives you a Red Bull.
• If you choose not to change your character’s appearance from the default and instead go straight to changing your name:
o The default name will appear as “Paul” when you confirm it, but within the game it will be “Luke”
o Also, when you input your character’s name, his face will appear as the red-jacketed character rather than the default character’s
• In the castle throne room, cannot step onto the red-carpeted portion of the stairs from the left or right.
• It is possible not to pick up the troll charm when Mazer drops it. If you enter and exit a building or go to the castle and return, the troll charm will be gone forever. Perhaps the player should pick up the Troll Charm immediately after the Mod runs off screen chasing Mazer.
• Currently the only way Shane will let you progress is if you gained respect from all three of the citizens of Hub City. Gaining Troll points instead from even one of them will not put you at the required 3 respect points and keep you from continuing. (Perhaps if you have a mix of Troll and Respect points, Shane will make a comment about your Trollish behavior and attempt to persuade you to avoid it in the future. He could still make you a mod, admitting they've allowed much worse into the ranks.)
• For the woman who needs help with the url tags
-- The first time you try to help the woman who needs help making a link clickable, if you select "You should know this by now." a light bulb animation will play instead of the water drop animation.
-- If you have done the above, the lightbulb above the woman will stop appearing even though she still needs your help.
-- If you select "LOL IGN" when talking to the woman with the link problem, a lightbulb animation will play rather than the angry animation.
-- What seems to be happening is that the lightbulb animation plays one more time while the angry or water drop animation is trying to be played (or the lightbulb animation is playing over them). If you select “You should know this by now.” and talk to the woman again, the correct animations will display (probably because the lightbulb animation is now gone).
• Respect calculator, troll charm, and house key are all identified as Books within your inventory.
• Blog Page 1/5 is too wide for the window.
• You can use badges (or at least the First Steps badge) as inventory items in combat. They work similar to a healing item (select which party member you want to use them on) except they always result in “Failed” upon use. Using the badge also removes it from your inventory.

Typos

• First Cutscene with Shane: Shane - "Ah, I see. Your name is USERNAME and you have just joined out prestigious community. I would like to personally welcome you."
• First Cutscene with Shane: After picking the "He Seemed Sorry Option", Shane - "Only because he had been caught. Trust me, it is better this way" (no period)
• Cutscene where you exit the castle and Mazer is running away from the mod: Mazer – “God of war is historically inaccurate!...” War should be capitalized.
• Person who asks you the poll asks, "Hello! I am doing a quick poll. Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" with the responses being "Yes" and "No". The responses should be changed to "Sure" and "Not right now" to avoid confusion. "Yes" sounds like, "Yes I do mind." and "No" sounds like "No I don't mind."

Minor Gripes

• The sign outside your house says “USERNAME’s House” even before it officially becomes your house. Maybe before you get the key it should say “Vacant House”. Maybe Shane should tell you your house is the green-roofed home in the North-West of Hub Town.
• Why is the inside of the player’s house so crummy and beat up? D=
• What's with the ruined house in Hub City? (Yellow roof, left side of the city)
• Mod on the castle balcony says, "I wanted to be a mod like you, but I took a hammer to the knee." He says this both before you become a mod and even though he is a mod. Maybe someone else should say this after you become a mod.
• NPC in the second story library has the exact same sprite as ForgottenBeast.
• If you tell the kid with the video "I think it needs some work", and finish the conversation, talking to him again will have him say "My movie will be the best in all of Gametrailers!" even though he agreed with you that it needed some work. (maybe if you tell him needs some work he should say something else like "Thanks for you input. Soon my video will be the best in all of GameTrailers!"
• The building to the left of the inn (containing the elderly couple) is shaped like a rectangle from the outside but like a 180 degree rotated L from the inside.
• You can scroll down Battle Tutorial 1 a very small bit.
• You can step on the water bucket in the North-West of Hub Town next to the tent
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:24 pm

I caught some of those as well - mostly the Key-Item things.

Keep it up gas...you are by far the most detailed guy I've met for this lol

lemme start fixing these!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 pm

• It’s possible to register at the computer and leave the start area without ever talking to the person at the desk and getting the tutorials. Perhaps you should automate the player walking up to the receptionist and getting the tutorials.
• After Mazer talks to you and the guard yells at him at the beginning: talking to the guard causes him to remain facing Mazer rather than turning to face you.
• AP Tutorials 2 & 3 ask which party member you want to use the item on rather than just opening to show the tutorial.
• Opening the chest inside the red-roofed house in Hub Town tells you that you receive Worst Quotes 1, even though it gives you a Red Bull.
• If you choose not to change your character’s appearance from the default and instead go straight to changing your name:
o The default name will appear as “Paul” when you confirm it, but within the game it will be “Luke”
o Also, when you input your character’s name, his face will appear as the red-jacketed character rather than the default character’s
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 pm

• Currently the only way Shane will let you progress is if you gained respect from all three of the citizens of Hub City. Gaining Troll points instead from even one of them will not put you at the required 3 respect points and keep you from continuing. (Perhaps if you have a mix of Troll and Respect points, Shane will make a comment about your Trollish behavior and attempt to persuade you to avoid it in the future. He could still make you a mod, admitting they've allowed much worse into the ranks.)
• For the woman who needs help with the url tags
-- The first time you try to help the woman who needs help making a link clickable, if you select "You should know this by now." a light bulb animation will play instead of the water drop animation.
-- If you have done the above, the lightbulb above the woman will stop appearing even though she still needs your help.
-- If you select "LOL IGN" when talking to the woman with the link problem, a lightbulb animation will play rather than the angry animation.
-- What seems to be happening is that the lightbulb animation plays one more time while the angry or water drop animation is trying to be played (or the lightbulb animation is playing over them). If you select “You should know this by now.” and talk to the woman again, the correct animations will display (probably because the lightbulb animation is now gone).
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Heads Up:

If you get to General Gaming: Not all the characters have dialogue just yet. Also the Ending cinematic has not been added.

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm

• Respect calculator, troll charm, and house key are all identified as Books within your inventory.
• Blog Page 1/5 is too wide for the window.

I know. I am unable to fit all the text on the screen otherwise :\

• You can use badges (or at least the First Steps badge) as inventory items in combat. They work similar to a healing item (select which party member you want to use them on) except they always result in “Failed” upon use. Using the badge also removes it from your inventory.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 pm

• First Cutscene with Shane: Shane - "Ah, I see. Your name is USERNAME and you have just joined out prestigious community. I would like to personally welcome you."
• First Cutscene with Shane: After picking the "He Seemed Sorry Option", Shane - "Only because he had been caught. Trust me, it is better this way" (no period)
• Cutscene where you exit the castle and Mazer is running away from the mod: Mazer – “God of war is historically inaccurate!...” War should be capitalized.
• Person who asks you the poll asks, "Hello! I am doing a quick poll. Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" with the responses being "Yes" and "No". The responses should be changed to "Sure" and "Not right now" to avoid confusion. "Yes" sounds like, "Yes I do mind." and "No" sounds like "No I don't mind."
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:30 pm

• The sign outside your house says “USERNAME’s House” even before it officially becomes your house. Maybe before you get the key it should say “Vacant House”. Maybe Shane should tell you your house is the green-roofed home in the North-West of Hub Town.
• Why is the inside of the player’s house so crummy and beat up? D=

Originally I was going to have the player get new houses in each area that was an upgrade of the previous one but I ditched the idea.

• What's with the ruined house in Hub City? (Yellow roof, left side of the city)

I just threw together a quick map and I didn't want to make an NPC so I decided to make the house look all beat up Laughing

• Mod on the castle balcony says, "I wanted to be a mod like you, but I took a hammer to the knee." He says this both before you become a mod and even though he is a mod. Maybe someone else should say this after you become a mod.

• NPC in the second story library has the exact same sprite as ForgottenBeast.

• If you tell the kid with the video "I think it needs some work", and finish the conversation, talking to him again will have him say "My movie will be the best in all of Gametrailers!" even though he agreed with you that it needed some work. (maybe if you tell him needs some work he should say something else like "Thanks for you input. Soon my video will be the best in all of GameTrailers!"

• The building to the left of the inn (containing the elderly couple) is shaped like a rectangle from the outside but like a 180 degree rotated L from the inside.
• You can scroll down Battle Tutorial 1 a very small bit.
Very minor issues that I may fix later

• You can step on the water bucket in the North-West of Hub Town next to the tent
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 am

GAS! I JUST DISCOVERED SOME SERIOUS ERRORS

Some of the buildings warp you to the wrong destinations.

I am going to link the updated versions with this fixed patch.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 am

Alrighty. That would definitely be something that could affect my Beta-testing.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm

While waiting on that patch, I've went ahead and put together a list of some newly found bugs for the current version. These are all for the Sports Forum (except for one of the minor gripes).

BIG BUG

That "Luke has learned..." glitch from before is still around. Basically, if you use a piece of equipment that lets you use a special attack for long enough, your character will get the message, "Luke has learned SPECIALATTACKNAME." and learn that special attack. For example, when the player starts out he can only use the move Double Attack if he's holding the report button weapon. However, if he uses the report button enough in combat, he'll get the message "Luke has learned Double Attack." From then on, he can use Double Attack without the report button.

Bugs

• For the Kobe Jersey quest,
--You can buy the jersey from the thief regardless of how much GTP you have (having less than 200 sets your GTP to 0).
--If you buy the jersey from the thief, you can talk to him again as if you’ve never bought it (he’ll offer to sell it again or you can accuse him of stealing it).
• You can enter the Basketball Pub by stepping onto the lake next to it.
• Not sure if it’s intentional, but you can walk around the stone area in the Soccer Stadium (before you go down the stairs) by walking straight up as far as you can. If this was intentional, maybe you should put a short set of stairs near there (similar to the Mod Castle thrown room). You may need to move the descending staircase back a few spaces to accommodate for this.
• In the Soccer Stadium, you can step onto the pile of bricks in the top left corner of the field, all four spaces the big pile of rubble take up (including the two that overlap with the wall), as well as the two smaller piles of rubbles and the holes in the wall behind them.
• You walk into the soccer stadium by stepping onto the space in front of the entrance rather than the entrance itself.
--On the same note, exiting the Soccer Stadium puts you two steps in front of the entrance rather than just one.
• For the kid in the Soccer Stadium quest
--Defeating the fanatics, leaving the soccer stadium without talking to the kid, and reentering will cause the fanatics to reappear. Maybe you should automate the kid walking up and talking to you.
--After defeating the fanatics and talking to the kid and selecting the “You need to be more careful” option or the “Next time you are on your own” option, the kid will stay in the Soccer Stadium. Even if you leave the Soccer Stadium and come back, he will still be there. Talking to him again will have him say “I will head home right away!”. The kid will disappear and you will get the message “I had better tell his mother that everything is okay.” (even if you’ve already talked to his mother). To fix all this, the kid should just say he’s going home and disappear automatically after you have finished talking to him.
• For the Hall of Records quest
--Saying “No” when the man asks for your help has him saying “Why would you just ignore me like this?” and then brings you back to the “Yes” or “No” option you just had. The only way to exit this loop is to finally say “Yes” and accept the quest.
--Leaving the lower floor (or the building) puts the man back where he stood originally, blocking the staircase. Meaning if you leave bottom floor, the man will block your way back down and you’ll never be able to finish the quest.
--After you have accepted the quest but before you have finished it, talking to the man will have him say “Thank you for everything.” The lightbulb above his head will still flash, indicating that the quest is not complete. After clearing the basement and returning upstairs, the man will no longer have the flashing lightbulb (indicating that the quest is completed) and he will only continue to only say “Thanks for everything!” rather than give you your reward.

Typos

• When talking to the individual in the Sports Forum forum transporter who gives you information on the Sports Forum – “The Basketball Pub is to the South East. You can find several fans of several teams haning out there.”
• The old man in the Basketball Pub – “This danged kids…”
• For the girl running the gift shop in the Baseball Stadium – “*sigh*We…” Should be a space between “*sigh*” and “We”.
• Blog Page 2/5, First Line – “I have done ask asked…”
• Innkeeper in Hockey Town says “Hello. It is 40 gold for the night.” Should be “40 GTP”.
• For the kid in the Soccer Stadium quest, after banning the kid and telling the mother “He didn’t make it”, Mother – “I told him! I told him a thousand times not to wonder the forums alone! how could this happen?” “how” needs to be capitalized.

Minor Gripes

• When talking to Zulux21 in the Baseball Arena, she should face the table when she "coughs" rather than just the opposite direction (talking to her from the space below causes her to face up).
• For the Kobe Jersey quest, there’s never an indication that you actually have the jersey. Perhaps you should make it a key item that you lose once you give (or sell) it back to the girl in the Basketball Pub.
• Unless it was intentional, you misspelled Rocco DeMaro’s name as Rocco Demorro (in his name tag) and Rocco DeMorro in his dialog. (Inside the baseball arena)
• Neither the food court owner or the bartender in the baseball arena say anything to you.
• Can’t read the sign close to the entrance to Hockey Town. Kinda wish I had been greeted with a nice, “Welcome to Hockey Town!” or something of that nature. )=
• In your house in Hub Town, you can only rest by standing next to the space that has the pillow on it rather than both spaces to the right of the bed.
• For the kid in the Soccer Stadium quest, when you approach the fanatic and talk to him, he’ll turn to face you even though he’s talking to the kid. It would make more sense if he stayed facing the kid until you hear the whistle sound and all the fanatics turn to face you.
• The house with the old couple in Hockey Town (second building to the left of the Inn) is shaped like a rectangle from the outside but an upside down “L” from the inside.

Also, I'm assuming that there's no way to save your progress inbetween versions of the game. If that's the case, I don't think I'll stop once I finish the Sports Forum until you've posted the patched beta (I don't want to get really far in the game only to lose all my progess).

This also means that all the bugs need to be ironed out before the final version of the game gets released. Otherwise, people updating their game with a patch would delete their save data.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 am

I dunno what causes that "Learn" bug. I have never seen it....or if I have, I never noticed. I am going to equip a new item and see if it happens.

I will double check that Kobe quest.

Many of the other issues have already been fixed.

The saves SHOULD still be valid. However before you over-write your data, I suggest you finish the Sports Quest and stop before you go to Shane.

This way all the switches and codes are up to date and ready for the next region.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 am

• For the Kobe Jersey quest,
--You can buy the jersey from the thief regardless of how much GTP you have (having less than 200 sets your GTP to 0).
--If you buy the jersey from the thief, you can talk to him again as if you’ve never bought it (he’ll offer to sell it again or you can accuse him of stealing it).
• You can enter the Basketball Pub by stepping onto the lake next to it.
• Not sure if it’s intentional, but you can walk around the stone area in the Soccer Stadium (before you go down the stairs) by walking straight up as far as you can. If this was intentional, maybe you should put a short set of stairs near there (similar to the Mod Castle thrown room). You may need to move the descending staircase back a few spaces to accommodate for this.
• In the Soccer Stadium, you can step onto the pile of bricks in the top left corner of the field, all four spaces the big pile of rubble take up (including the two that overlap with the wall), as well as the two smaller piles of rubbles and the holes in the wall behind them.
• You walk into the soccer stadium by stepping onto the space in front of the entrance rather than the entrance itself.
--On the same note, exiting the Soccer Stadium puts you two steps in front of the entrance rather than just one.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am

• For the kid in the Soccer Stadium quest
--Defeating the fanatics, leaving the soccer stadium without talking to the kid, and reentering will cause the fanatics to reappear. Maybe you should automate the kid walking up and talking to you.
--After defeating the fanatics and talking to the kid and selecting the “You need to be more careful” option or the “Next time you are on your own” option, the kid will stay in the Soccer Stadium. Even if you leave the Soccer Stadium and come back, he will still be there. Talking to him again will have him say “I will head home right away!”. The kid will disappear and you will get the message “I had better tell his mother that everything is okay.” (even if you’ve already talked to his mother). To fix all this, the kid should just say he’s going home and disappear automatically after you have finished talking to him.
• For the Hall of Records quest
--Saying “No” when the man asks for your help has him saying “Why would you just ignore me like this?” and then brings you back to the “Yes” or “No” option you just had. The only way to exit this loop is to finally say “Yes” and accept the quest.
--Leaving the lower floor (or the building) puts the man back where he stood originally, blocking the staircase. Meaning if you leave bottom floor, the man will block your way back down and you’ll never be able to finish the quest.
--After you have accepted the quest but before you have finished it, talking to the man will have him say “Thank you for everything.” The lightbulb above his head will still flash, indicating that the quest is not complete. After clearing the basement and returning upstairs, the man will no longer have the flashing lightbulb (indicating that the quest is completed) and he will only continue to only say “Thanks for everything!” rather than give you your reward.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am

I'm downloading part 1 but it's taking a long time. And it's 150 MB. Doesn't look like I'll be playing the game tonight but who knows.
Are all 3 parts 150 MB? I'm surprised the game is such a large filesize.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?cw42tcdb02b7qoz

http://www.mediafire.com/?wjcv4qb48tn63wn

http://www.mediafire.com/?lur70qqgqsn95h7

Download these RockShard

Gas; these links are the newest builds. Rock, I suggest you use these instead
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 am

This game is a riot.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 am

^_^ You like it so far?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next