Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 2s98ye143%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 2s98ye157%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

5 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 am

Of course! Thanks Chronos!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 pm

-mazer wrote:Also: again, outside of those things I mentioned, is the game playable and completable up to the Faction mission?

Up to that faction cutscene, I think everything's playable and complete-able. One glitch is that after the Wii Forum final battle, all the battle music you have is still the pokemon theme.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:54 pm

YAY! that means the game is almost release ready!

Would you concur with that??
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Chronos, any luck downloading?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

-mazer wrote:YAY! that means the game is almost release ready!

In terms of just being able to play the game, yeah, for the most part. There's probably smaller bugs and stuff still in there, but that can always be fixed later with patches.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Omg....I see what screwed up the faction cinematic...I accidentally made the chairs Unwalkable which caused the cut-scene to freeze...

http://www.mediafire.com/?72dj96hs4dkx58r

This should let you beat the game ^_^
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:
-mazer wrote:YAY! that means the game is almost release ready!

In terms of just being able to play the game, yeah, for the most part. There's probably smaller bugs and stuff still in there, but that can always be fixed later with patches.

lol well you guys were able to find a majority of the issues from what I've seen. I mean I doubt that 80% of those who download this will be trying to break the game as much as you have Very Happy
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Have you gone back and checked all of Charlie Sheen's dialogue? I think a lot of it got cut off from the dialogue box.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:35 pm

I did. When you brought that issue up, I started hunting down most of his dialogue to double check. The problem was that when I started working, I raised the game's resolution but halfwy through, I discovered that because I did, some elements would no longer work.

So I shrunk it back which resulted in the sloppy message boxes.

Before I release it, I plan on playing through it myself just to check every dialogue, every mission, etc Very Happy
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:50 pm

gas, rock...

also for your hard work and patience, I would also like to give you two a special edition of this game. I would like to buy you both pixalated statues of your in-game characters

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 Il_570xN.340071415

What do you say?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:23 pm

-mazer wrote:Chronos, any luck downloading?

Not yet. And I have to go visit family in Wisconsin tomorrow. I picked a bad couple of days it would seem.
Chronos
Chronos

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/chronos/gamepad/

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 am

My internet totally died right after I posted so I didn't get to download the patch. (I should have downloaded it at least, that would let me play the game offline) Moreover I meant to edit my post with a few tidbits but couldn't even do that. Here's what I wanted to say:

1) I had an idea for Gaming overworld. On each town there would be at least one NPC that points you toward one of the other islands. (e.g. someone on Wii town would say "south of here is PS3 island. Though their games are violent and scary" for example) Though I see now you're going to be providing maps which I suppose takes care of the issue and makes my idea redundant.

2) I haven't seen rockshard in the game. If you haven't added him yet then I'm ok with him not being in the game, just thought I'd save you the trouble. (plus I was thinking whether I like the quote I picked, now that I actually played the game. If he is in the game I could change the word "quizzes" to a word like threads or polls. I was also thinking of a quote like "Have you played the Gametrailers RPG? That game is a riot. Wait, you're playing it right now, you say? But.. how?")

3) South in gaming overworld there is a small gray mountainous island with a tower. The tower cannot be entered. Out of curiosity do you have any plans to make use of this island?

you write:
"You need to go to the well. I will edit the dialogue to make this more clear."
I though so, but like I said, pressing space/enter on the well did nothing from all 4 sides. The well wasn't interactive.

more to come
edit: nah that's about it for now
edit: What's the music for the boss fight against Charliesheen? What game is it from? (if it's from a game)

Last edited by rockshard on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:33 am

That tower is going to be one of the hidden levels. Those blog pages you find hint the location of a key that will be added in a DLC patch.

the island is the
Spoiler:
section that will let you play through 3 classic video games.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 am

just so I don't lose track
File 8 is my save right before I fight TheSoviet/Charliesheen.
File 5 is just after I defeat the PC boss.
it was easy to lose track with all the jumping around between saves. Good thing I posted these before.
I also have a save before entering the grid. I might check out the rebalanced PC boss.

edit: installed patch 5

Last edited by rockshard on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:57 am

^_^ awesome, Rocks
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:13 am

This is a mess, I'm afraid to save over any of my files. Maybe I should do a clean slate and start Gaming section over from the beginning. Or I could start from where I left off after defeating the PC boss but it is hard to decide whether to do that.
I am able to leave the PC forum now though, so that has been fixed.

I should probably not try to just jump back into the Halls of Valhalla. The stuff leading up to it needs to be re-tested anyway. I see that a lot of it has been altered. I even have a save where I'm in the computer room to access Shane and am actually trapped in that room due to the changes. xD

so I'm forfeiting my progress in the last quest
I'm forfeiting my TheSoviet/Charliesheen save (maybe)
maybe I'll just start from after defeating the PC boss
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:18 am

Ok that was weird. My first random battle while navigating the ship is on a desert and the enemy is Tankallex.
All my sea battles are on desert now. I am fighting forum users like Nautilus, Justin, Diesel, Hazardous, Isabelle. But they are on desert even though I'm on a ship.

edit: The well in Wii town still doesn't work. I dunno, maybe I should just start Gaming section from the beginning. Maybe it doesn't work because I already talked to the Wii mayor before adding patch 5.

just started the PSN dungeon, I exit using the staircase on the right and end up here. image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 5 Gtcappsn1
I can't move from this spot but I can face different directions.

man it takes like over a minute to escape a battle.

ok I defeated PPE and BIE (or whatever the 2nd guy's name is) in the PSN dungeon. But I am guessing I cannot complete the dungeon due to this last staircase not working. I am guessing there is also no way to back out of the dungeon once it starts.

edit:
I bought a 360 membership but the 4 shops still has the same problem, as does the mansion.
Interestingly the building I appear in front of no longer has a door.. but other than that it's the same.

So I have two things left I can still do:
1) Beat TheSoviet again and see if the Wii quest works.
2) the final quest and ending.

Last edited by rockshard on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 am

Rockshard >.< you needed to download Patch 8. That would have fixed several of those issues like the PS3 stairs and the WiiWell.

But here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qxx8wkainvpcxxp

This is the very last patch before I release the game unless you guys discover any further game-breaking glitches. This patch will:

Fix Acid-Trips's side quest
Fix the Factionn Cinematic
Add RockShard to the game (General Gaming City)
Add the Wii-Town Badge

As for the 360:

I will be adding the interiors tomorrow as well as coming up with new weapon and armor to put into it.

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:36 am

Waaaaait...did you just tell me that you can be attacked on the ocean?!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:40 am

download the wrong patch, did I? stupid me, I didn't realize there was more than one new patch

hmm this means a lot of what I just did was for nothing

in preparation for the next patch
save file 9: PC quest finished with over 600 GTP. I guess I will go from here.
-mazer wrote:Waaaaait...did you just tell me that you can be attacked on the ocean?!
Yes. This was the case even before the patch. Except before all the enemies were 1x Fly Ball and the battles took place on the ship rather than the desert.

edit: Added patch 9.
29 MB.
This one doesn't just have data and system folders, but also a graphics folder.
Anyway, the shops in the Xbox 360 town still don't work (but you said you haven't added them yet so it's no surprise) but I am able to get into the mansion finally.

edit:
Minor issue. The green haired kid in the sick ward in the mansion turns into a brown-haired girl when you talk to him. When you finish talking he turns back into the green haired kid.
Actually, 3 of the people in the sick ward turn into different people when you talk to them. But this only happens when you talk to them from behind. It just so happens that 2 of the people can't be talked to except from behind, due to the fact that either side of them is blocked by a wall and another bed. The one at the top of the room cannot be talked to from behind since the top of his bed is against the wall. The purple haired person at the bottom of the room is the only person where you have a choice whether or not to trigger the glitch.
This is a minor thing though.

edit: Defeated RROD.
Don't think I fought any random encounters in the well though. All I know is the PS3 and PC dungeons had some funny enemies so I might be missing out.
RROD has normal battle music, is this intentional? I was thinking of suggesting music for him and for CementHead. (politics town boss)

edit:
one of the dead bodies in the Wii town well has the same problem as the people in the Xbox 360 sick ward.
It's thesnowdog. (the person on the top left inside the well) When you talk to him from the left or the right, his appearance changes, depending on which side you are on.

edit:
oh gawd, level scaling is in full effect on Laluigi. Fire flower attack dealt over 200 HP.
oh gawd, 2 fire flowers back to back. Full HP Archangel is KOed.
AGAIN 2 fire flowers on Archangel.
lmao mario refilled all his HP
this could be a while

Last edited by rockshard on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 am; edited 6 times in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:00 am

lol...this is so funny...fixed the ocean issue Laughing

anyway, bedtime. I hope things work for you!!!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 am

fixed the weird character glitch issue...

keep up the great work Rockshard
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:07 am

When I finish the PS3 quest, only one of the guys dueling (left side of castle) is moving. The guy on the right is not moving and can't be talked to.

The woman at the top-right most part of the castle still says "Error 80710a06" after saying "we have so many games it's hard to keep up"

Expired PSN can be used in battle, same with silver Xbox Live. They do nothing. Fortunately, using them doesn't remove them from your inventory.
Bean Bags turns out can't be used in battle which justifies its lower cost compared to burger.

It's only a minor issue but the hair color Wii town mayor changes color when he collapses.

strangely, after each battle in Wii Town, my HP and MP are restored for the next battle. But the exception is Star Faux. I start this battle with less than full HP and MP.

I have no idea what "Do a barrel roll" does, assuming it does anything.

Ok I beat Star Faux and Samas.
Afterwards I cannot go south of the Wii mayor's house. The people that surrounded me are still there, only now they are invisible. I can even talk to the ones to the left and right of me. (but not the one below me)
Fortunately, entering the building and then exiting it makes them go away. Whew! Close call!

Nutella costs less than Fast Food for some reason. Judging by what it says they do, Nutella is the same thing but better.

in any case I finished the Wii, PS3, and 360 quests. I have the PC quest already completed. I can move on to the final quest.
But I should go to the guy in PC section who wanted me to ban those 3 users.
I got the fake memberships from Coolbreeze and Tankallax, but I don't know where Yoshi is.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm

How the hell did you get the memberships without beating Yoshi first? (are you doing patch 8 or 9?)
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:21 pm

This ending cinematic is awesome!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next