Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 2s98ye143%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 2s98ye157%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

5 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm

(its a 1 meg patch so real quick to DL)
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:48 pm

That patch looks like it got it fixed. Though I had to not copy over the file called "Game" in order to get it to work. Otherwise I got an error.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

https://equestrianrepublic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Okay good.

Yay! I hope you enjoy General Gaming!!!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:29 pm

General Gaming is awesome, Mazer. I love it!! Very Happy

Oh, and it seems the patch only works for siding with TheSoviet and defeating CharlieSheen. Siding with CharlieSheen and defeating TheSoviet leaves you with a black screen telling you you're in CharlieSheen's house. You can access your menu and even use your teleporter, but the window will stay nothing but a black screen.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Thats a fade-in glitch. Lemme fix it and send you a micro patch.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 pm

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm

GasmaskGamer wrote:General Gaming is awesome, Mazer. I love it!! Very Happy

Oh, and it seems the patch only works for siding with TheSoviet and defeating CharlieSheen. Siding with CharlieSheen and defeating TheSoviet leaves you with a black screen telling you you're in CharlieSheen's house. You can access your menu and even use your teleporter, but the window will stay nothing but a black screen.

Cool Cool Cool Cool

What do you like about it??
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 pm

-Having to buy a gold membership to do anything in the Xbox forum Laughing
-The PC quest, the entire thing thus far is hilarious
-The huge amount of actual forum users in General Gaming and all the things they say
-The fact that General Gaming is a huge string of islands where each one is a different console

It's awesome dude! But I'm guessing it's somewhat unfinished yet (you can't start/complete most of the quests in any of the cities). Can't wait until it's finally complete. ^_^
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Heh did you try the "mini games" In the xbox forum?

Which ones do not start/cannot be completed? Most of them should let you start and complete...
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:31 pm

And honestly, the 360 and PC forums are my favorite. They were so much fun to build and write. I think my best writing was the PC forum whereas in terms of creativity, the 360's mini games
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 pm

p.s. Thus far I've been avoiding reading everyone's posts in order to avoid spoilers! But I might start reading them anyway, cause I'm here to test to game not enjoy it. :p
Plus I've hit a major roadblock due to the level scaling. So now it's war.
Though it's ironic when I think about it. If I could stop encounters from happening it would actually solve the issue. Every time I gain exp it's digging a hole for myself, the enemies are starting to become more powerful than me, and I have to fight 20-30 of them to make it to the boss.

By the way, since my previous post, I was thinking. After seeing the movie theater in Creativity Town I realized (or at least assumed) the large filesize of the game was the result of all the movies. I might recommend removing them or at the least toning down the amount of movies in the game. I might say that the movie theater only really needs 1 movie, at most 2. I don't know how much filesize can be cut this way but if it's possible to get the game into only one download instead of 3, that would be most ideal.

edit: encounter GTP drop rates. I noticed the GTP dropped is always the same depending on the enemy. Not sure if the amount increases depending on my level but I'm guessing it doesn't. (until I see otherwise)

ad bot - 21 GTP
spam bot - 13 GTP
Flame troll - 12 GTP
Flamer - 12 GTP
Banned user - 13 GTP

for multiple enemies it's simply the combined amount. 2 ad bots - 42 GTP (21 times 2) and so on.

edit: item drops however seem to be random. A Flame Troll just now gave me 1x Chips.
edit: I just got 22 GTP from an adbot. I leveled up in the preceding fight so I guess GTP drops are dependent on level after all? And oh god the enemies are super hard now.

-mazer wrote:Download these RockShard

Gas; these links are the newest builds. Rock, I suggest you use these instead
p.s. Just for the record, and for future reference, this is the version I am playing. (until I say otherwise or until Mazer releases an updated version)

GasmaskGamer wrote:In the patched version, the Troll Charm and Respect Book are counted as key items. Maybe rockshard was referring to how Shanes still calls the Respect Book the "Respect Calculator".
yep that's what I meant
I didn't even know the respect book was called the respect calculator originally, so when Shane called it that I was like "huh?"
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Yeah, the movies are the cause for the high file size. I may delete some but I do wanna put in the E3 commercial I made ^_^

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 am

-mazer wrote:Heh did you try the "mini games" In the xbox forum?

Yup. Those were great. Tongue

-mazer wrote:Which ones do not start/cannot be completed? Most of them should let you start and complete...

Wii - Can't seem to find anyone to start the quest. I can go to Darji's house and talk to him, but -ArchAngel- just mentions finding bodies in the well, which I assume is supposed to be an earlier point in the quest. Then one of the Target Audience appears, kills Darji, and when you step outside you get attacked by the Target Audience (also, defeating the Marui brothers is incredibly difficult since they're fireball attacks can K.O. a party member in one hit).

PS3 - Doesn't seem to be any sort of indication of a quest other than a few individuals stating error codes. Zulux just mentions how he's watching over the forum and that you can show your way out.

Xbox 360 - No sign of the disease or whatever and no sign of a way to start the quest. Also, several buildings in the town (most of the stores, a building in the center, and a building on the left side of town) all warp you to just outside the building on the left side of town.

PC - This one I was able to get quite far in, but I got stuck right after the part where you need to somehow distract the guy to get him off the throne. I was able to get the guy in the nearby room to leave by having -ArchAngel- fib out the Steam room not working, but I can't seem to interact with anything in the room.

General Gaming - Doesn't really seem to be any sort of quest in here other than the "final quest" by the guy in throne room. However, even though he says he gives you an item you don't actually receive it and you can't actually leave the room (the exit doesn't work).

rockshard wrote:Plus I've hit a major roadblock due to the level scaling. So now it's war.
Though it's ironic when I think about it. If I could stop encounters from happening it would actually solve the issue. Every time I gain exp it's digging a hole for myself, the enemies are starting to become more powerful than me, and I have to fight 20-30 of them to make it to the boss.

Once you get to the Cottage Dungeon boss though, everything else in GD is really easy (at least it was for me, but I grinded a little at the beginning), especially if you buy the weapons in the Underground store. I get the feeling that the enemies scale up in the General Discussion overworld and Cottage Dungeon but not elsewhere in the GD quest.

From a player perspective I would rather the enemy levels for each area (GD overworld, cottage dungeon, fist of rage dungeon) increase but as you move from area to area but stay consistent. That cottage dungeon is a real pain in the butt because of those scaling enemies.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am

omg the cottage has a bed I can sleep in
wouldve been nice to know that before

I beat the boss finally (by running from all battles on the way to the boss)
but then I had to walk all the way back out.
ran out of items, Luke is KO'ed
finally made it but I'm not likely to get through the overworld back to town in this state
I checked the bed. YES
saved by the bed!!

edit: I go back to town, but TheSoviet just says "I await the results"
What am I supposed to now?? I beat the cottage boss. (Permabanned)

edit: Oh god. There was a passageway under the boss. Good thing I kept a save from right after beating the boss.

edit: incomplete dialogue when confronting CharlieSheen for the first time. "I've heard whisperings of strangers wandering around my city. Why have you" --The phrase "Why have you" doesn't even end with punctuation.
And the next 2 dialogue boxes don't even fit the window. This is odd since none of the other dialogue boxes in the game thus far had this problem.
An additional 2 more instances of this when he is explaining the test: "You will be provided with a topic and your score will be based on upon how well yo[cutoff] to said topic"
"A true member of Ge[cutoff] Discussion"

Last edited by rockshard on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 am

You just found out you can sleep in the bed in the cottage? Laughing

And yeah, a lot of CharlieSheen's dialog gets cut off. I think it's because his dialog box's didn't originally contain his battler head.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 am

I just chose "Tonight I dine on turtle soup!" and now I see a picture of the Shredder. I'm stuck on this picture and nothing is happening.
edit: oh I'm an idiot. Pressing ESC works.

In the test question for combining humans and animals. I can't see the 4th choice because TheBatman's name is blocking it. The choice reads "[something]+ Humans = Win!" Dunno what the first word is... could be anything!
I picked this choice and see a picture of a shark, so I guess the word was shark. :p

edit: setting up camp and resting uses up a Tent. The game doesn't warn you about that. But it's not a big deal I guess. On that note I wonder what happens if you make it here without a Tent. EDIT: It just says "No tents in inventory!" if you pick yes without a tent.

edit: Ok. This one's a bit odd. When I approach TheSoviet's house. Both guards notice me and I fight them. After the fight, the guards are gone, but I move one step forward, and immediately the guards notice me again. That is to say, exclamation point balloons appear over where the guards were standing, even though nobody is there. I get into another fight.
After this fight, instead of entering the house, I decide to walk around the front of the house a little more. Sure enough it happened again, I got into another fight due to invisible guards.
And again.
*whew* Finally made it into the house.

edit: lmao he turned into a door.
Looks like I'm at the glitched part. (screen turning black at Charliesheen's house and nothing happening) I'll have to look at the patch or patches Mazer posted in the previous parts of this thread.

edit: Before attempting to patch the game I decide to check what happens if i side with TheSoviet. The boss fight against Charliesheen is much tougher I have to say. But anyway what happens now is weird. I can't move, pressing up/down just scrolls the screen. And to the top-right of the screen there is a character sprite there. Very weird!
image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 Gtscreencap

so anyway, regardless of who you choose to fight, the game ends here unless one of the patches fixes it.

Last edited by rockshard on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 am; edited 4 times in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by GasmaskGamer Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am

I don't think that micropatch fixed the "stuck on a black screen after defeating TheSoviet" glitch.

Anyways, here's some bugs for the main GD quest. A few of these were just mentioned by RockShard.

Bugs

• In General Discussion (city), if you stand in the city long enough, the flute music repeats but the lute music doesn't repeat with it.
• In the cottage dungeon, in the room that is most to the East and North, there is a passageway leading upwards into the blackness surrounding the dungeon. Taking it allows you to wonder around aimlessly in the black area surrounding the dungeon.
• The final room of the cottage dungeon (just below the room mentioned above) is inaccessible from the passageway on its north end (there is a pile of bones in the way).
• Teleporting from the cottage dungeon to Hub Town or the Sports Forum keeps the dark filter.
• I haven’t tested this yet, but in theory a player could teleport out of Politics during the Politics Sheep quest (when they’re supposed to be trapped by the sheep). I would consider either blocking the teleporter from working during the quest or allowing the player to leave and return to the sheep-ridden Politics after the quest has started (the enemies can respawn every time you leave).
• When shopping, items go up in increments of 10 rather than 1.
• Going to the Underground from the Cottage Dungeon keeps the dark filter even though quick-warping to the Underground from the Cottage does not cause a dark filter to appear.
• There are several spaces you can step over on Mazer’s burnt down house in the underground: the right corner, the space to the right of the right-most cracked roof tile, and the space to the left of the right-most cracked roof tile (and the space below it).
• Most of Charlie Sheen’s dialogue gets cut off some way or another in most of his dialogue boxes. (This also occurs in one of -ArchAngel-‘s right after you get kicked out of the arena).
• When taking the test in the arena, for TehBatman’s question about combining humans with animals, the response options are partially covered up by TehBatman’s name above the dialog box.
• After retrieving the Rage Fist, if you return to CharlieSheen’s house in The Underground, he will still be there asking you to join him in retrieving the Rage Fist.
• After defeating the guards standing outside TheSoviet’s house, if you take a step into what was either of their lines of sight, the exclamation points will appear above where they were standing, they will repeat their dialogue, and you will fight the two guards again. This will happen again and again as long as you step into a space that was within their line of sight. Stepping in and out of a building (such as the Inn) gets rid of the issue.
• After defeating the guards at the town entrance/outside TheSoviet’s house, entering and exiting a building will cause them to reappear.
• In the ruined Underground, you can walk over roof tiles with soot on them and wall tiles with soot on them. There is also a sooty area of the cliff close to CharlieSheen’s house you can walk over.
• The ruined Underground uses the old stairs rather than the ladder.

Balancing Issues
• The Flame Troll has an attack that deals massive damage to all party members. I would strongly consider removing it (one used this move twice in a row and easily wiped out my party).
• The Banned Player’s ignore ability can put your entire party to sleep. It’s bad enough when one repeatedly casts Ignore, attacks, casts Ignore, attacks, but God help you when you have to fight two of them. I would consider altering this attack so it only affects one party member.
• The Flame Shield seems to offer less protection than the cardboard shield despite being later in the game (unless it has some ability I don’t know about).

Typos

• After defeating CharlieSheen and returning to the Underground, Poonz – “If we do no enforce the rules…” Also, the text is cut off in this dialog box.
• When talking to Shane after defeating CharlieSheen, Shane – “I have one final mission for you, one that will be the most challenging.”

Minor Gripes

• In the cottage dungeon, there’s a notch in the wall in the first room that seems to serve no purpose.
• The music when fighting the Perma Banned in the cottage dungeon feels kinda unfitting. Just an opinion.
• The chickens and cats in the Underground have the same issue the sheep had in Politics: the twitch at you for a split second whenever you try to talk to them.
• When you fail the challenge in the arena and return to TheSoviet, I would make his dialogue more explicit that he’s sending you undercover to one of their prison camps to break out one of Charlie Sheen’s closest friends and that you’ll need to fight your way through the guards there.
• The first chest you come across in the second level of the Rage Fist dungeon (contains a tent) is brown when it’s closed but red when you open it.
• The Rage Fist dungeon has the same music as The Underground.
• Charlie Sheen’s head shows up in his dialog boxes but Ludkk’s doesn’t show up in his.
• After defeating TheSoviet, some of CharlieSheen's not all of CharlieSheen's dialog boxes will have his head in them.
GasmaskGamer
GasmaskGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 am

GasmaskGamer wrote:
• When shopping, items go up in increments of 10 rather than 1.

I think that depends on whether you press left/right or up/down.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 am

I know I fixed some of these issues :'(

Did those bugs happen before the micropatch or after?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 am

In case you were referring to me, I have yet to install the patch. You posted 2 of them so I still have to decide which one to download.

Before I install the patch though I was considering trying a few things such as trying CharlieSheen's test to see all the answers (and see what happens if you pass the test.. assuming it's even possible), and watching all the movies in Creativity Town.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 am

the 2nd patch is the one you should install. It will fix some of the issues in GD
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 am

wow it's possible to win the test. I don't even know what happens now.
Anyway here's the point worth of all the answers:

Spoiler:

ah nevermind, passing the test doesn't change much. You just have to talk to charliesheen again afterwards and you go straight to the job to get the rage fist.

edit: Trying to enter the theater and picking "yes" (when asked if you want to watch) just results in you moving downward, the same as if you picked "no". This is probably because I don't have a ticket, but the game doesn't point out that I need a ticket. Not a big deal since it's obvious what the problem is.

When watching the movie, the Creativity Town music is still playing. Even worse is the fact that the music is drowning out the audio in the video so you can't really hear anything. (edit: now I see this has already been mentioned)

By the way I noticed you can buy more than one movie ticket. Imagine someone buying 2 because they think they need one for each party member. xD

edit: I just bought Casshern Fight Scene and it doesn't let me use it. It shows up in items (same place as Mountain Dews, etc) and if I pick it I have to pick a party member to use it on. But picking Luke doesn't do anything. I hear the same sound effect as if I try to use a Mountain Dew on a KO'ed party member.

some of these movies definitely aren't needed. (RE1 into, FF8 intro, basically anything that's from a game)

Last edited by rockshard on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 am

downloading this

extracted 2 folders, system and data
merged them with the existing ones in gametrailers folder, replacing all files with same name

started game. it works. Here goes nothing.

edit: I beat TheSoviet but it still sends me to a black screen. Any idea why?
For the record I notice other changes which proves I installed the patch correctly. The guards were no longer invisible (my save had me start right next to them!) and Thumbs Up and Energy Boost have different MP costs now, and the one that costs 6 MP can heal over 150 HP.

edit: I beat CharlieSheen and it works! That guy joined my party and I can move around. Well done Mazer. xD
Beating TheSoviet still needs fixing but at least now I can play through the rest of the game in the meantime.

Last edited by rockshard on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 am

Alright, I will check the Theater glitch. I thought I had adjusted the ticket thing but I guess I forgot. and LOL I didn't realize you could buy more than one ticket. I will adjust that too.

I still cannot believe the damned Kill Soviet storyline doesn't work D: I will actually fix this and mini-patch it the moment I get home from work because I have a lot of CharlieSheen lines in compared to Poontz.

The guards not being invisable is because the patch resets them to default but the triggers that you tripped from already killing them remains in effect Laughing that should be fixed with a new playthrough.

Do you two have any suggestions for movie clips for the Theater if you don't approve of Video-Game clips?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 am

If you try to stay at an inn but don't have enough GTP, the innkeeper says "you don't have enough gold"
I guess GTP means gold. xD

edit: I entered an island named "Gaming" but the town on it is the Xbox 360 section. (edit: unless "gaming" refers to the overworld and not that particular island?)

In the Xbox 360 town, if I enter the item shop, I end up outdoors, exiting the building immediately south of the item shop. If I enter the building I just came out of, I end up exiting the same building. Trippy! After doing this, I can no longer re-enter either building. The doors to both buildings are permanently open. Trying to enter the south building results in me walking on the roof.
Exiting and re-entering the town resets the whole process. Neither building seems to be enter-able.

edit: The other 3 shops in the town have the same effect. They just warp you to that building.

edit: If you have 0 GTP, you can buy multiple Gold memberships. Conceivably you can buy infinite gold memberships. The guy who sells them to you says the same thing even if you already bought it. I currently have 15 gold memberships.

edit:
The overworld is really confusing to navigate without the world map you posted in this thread. Final Fantasy games have a minimap that show the entire thing so you know where you're going.
Also some of the areas evidently aren't finished or serve no purpose, meaning the world is unnecessarily large.

edit:
You can walk on the water in Wii Town. The water is poisonous and the screen flashes red. (I am assuming it is damaging you) Somehow I don't think this was intentional. You are forced to walk across the stream in order to get to the righthand side of Wii Town.

edit:
I'm scared. image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 3 Gtcapwiitown

edit:
an NPC in Wii Town has no dialogue (blonde haired girl wearing blue, near the northmost part of Wii Town) Pressing enter/space does nothing, not even a blank dialogue box.

edit:
Darji8114 greets you with "welcome back" even though it's the first time I've met him. Archangel says "we found the bodies in the well" when I most certainly did not remember doing that.

-mazer wrote:
Do you two have any suggestions for movie clips for the Theater if you don't approve of Video-Game clips?
my suggestion is to have the bare minimum number of clips, so in other words to remove the unneeded clips and then remove a few more for good measure.
You only really need one clip minimum, which is the clip for the movie ticket.
"Best of Gametrailers" is at least gametrailers related. Out of the other clips, which are gametrailers related? If none then remove all of them. At best, original works by GT users might qualify but that's stretching it.

Things like the fanart in the fanart museum, well they don't take up as much filesize, plus you have many GT users that contributed instead of 1 or 2.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next