Equestrian Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm by Santeco

» MLP Fan Game Updates
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am by Santeco

» Episode Discussion #1: Nigel Thornberry narrates MLP
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm by Santeco

» Gaming news Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm by Santeco

» FiM fan Animation Thread
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:18 am by Santeco

» My Little Genchat #6: Season 4 is here
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm by Santeco

» Post the Music Video of the Song You Are Listening to Right Now
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 am by FearlessSasuke

» My Little Pony 7 Inch Plush Fluttershy
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 am by Maffi

» Pics & Gifs Thread #1: Gasmask should spell my name with an "o" from now on
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 am by Santeco

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Equestrian Republic
Poll

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 2s98ye143%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 23hn0wm 43% [ 3 ]
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 2s98ye157%Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 23hn0wm 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

5 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by Chronos Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 am

Okay So I've gne back to download and I'm a bit confused here. So you might want to clarity so I don't mess this up.

I've downloaded Gametrailers 1, 2, and 3. After which you placed a new build of the game. I've downloaded that and I assume I should start there.

I looked into the patches though and I'm not sure which ones to use. A few are invalid downloads so I couldn't even get them.

I have Patches 5, 7, 8 and 9. I can still download. The others won't show up.

Maybe I should just wait as I don't want to do this incorrectly and create problems,
Chronos
Chronos

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/chronos/gamepad/

Back to top Go down

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Empty Re: Help me Beta Test the GT Game?

Post by rockshard Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:47 am

Chronos wrote:Okay So I've gne back to download and I'm a bit confused here. So you might want to clarity so I don't mess this up.

I've downloaded Gametrailers 1, 2, and 3. After which you placed a new build of the game. I've downloaded that and I assume I should start there.

I looked into the patches though and I'm not sure which ones to use. A few are invalid downloads so I couldn't even get them.

I have Patches 5, 7, 8 and 9. I can still download. The others won't show up.

Maybe I should just wait as I don't want to do this incorrectly and create problems,

You download all 3 and extract them at the same time.
That said there are 2 versions of Gametrailers 1/2/3. Dunno if it matters which one you download but I got the 2nd one. It's the one Mazer told me to download, on the first or second page of this thread.

If you got the game working just download patch 9. I don't think you have to get all the patches in order as each one overwrites the previous one. Though I could be wrong.

-mazer wrote:How the hell did you get the memberships without beating Yoshi first? (are you doing patch 8 or 9?)
I only got the expired memberships of Coolbreeze and Tankallax, not Yoshi. I don't know where Yoshi is or what he looks likes. Unless Yoshi was the Wii town villain, the one who killed the mayor. Otherwise I don't know where Yoshi is.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 am

Nutella only heals 75 health of a person, it doesn't revive fallen comrades!
The description says "revives a person" so I thought it's like Fast Food..

ok I return to the PC forum, but the guy who gave me the job to take out the 3 console members is no longer there.
But his lightbulb balloon is still there so it's like he's invisible. But he's not there because I can walk where he was standing and I cannot talk to him.

image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcappcjob

I just entered the baseball stadium and it says. "So you think you can get in my way? Meet me at the soccer stadium and let's put your power to the test!"

I went to the soccer stadium, just to check. Turns out the enemies who were ganging up on the kid were there! The kid was not there though. I am fighting the 3 guys now.
None of this matters really though since it wouldn't happen unless someone went back to sports forum.
Plus it's completely harmless. I fought the guys again and that was it.
I wonder if maybe I've triggered it by continually patching the game during my playthrough. (well assuming that's possible. I keep wondering if that's causing some of the issues)

image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcaprockshard
"/n" strikes again. :<

This building cannot be entered. Also the NPC standing next to the entrance is not interactive. (no dialogue) image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcapggchurch

A few of the other NPC's in GG still don't have dialogue.

I went to the king of GG. He tells me to ban the faction leaders. So I go to faction mansion, but can't enter it! It says "This facility is closed". So I go back to king of GG and fortunately I am able to access the final quest anyway.

"If you still have side quests you wish to finish, you may wish to decline now"
Yes
No

The question is a bit ambiguous. Yes meaning you want to decline? Or yes meaning you want to take on the mission? Maybe the answers could be changed, for example instead of "no" it says "decline" or "later".

Ok, the final quest IS to defeat the faction leaders. I see what the problem is. The initial convo with king of GG is redundant. I think instead of going to the king of GG to find out whether factions will be closed down, it should jump straight to the mission to take down the faction leaders. The initial convo with the king of GG should just be deleted.

so in other words:
1) you go to faction mansion, they ask you to find out whether factions will be closed. (assuming you go to faction mansion at all, and assuming you didn't remove this scene. Otherwise, player skips straight to step 2)
2) you go to king of GG. You find out that not only factions are going to be closed, but he wants you to kill the faction leaders.
3) Player kills the faction leaders.

Also the king greets you with "oh it's luke I've heard of your exploits" but he only says this after he tells you factions are being closed. It's another reason why the convo that happens before he greets you should be deleted.

The names of the faction leaders are Red Leader, White Leader, LV10 Green Leader, Blue Leader.
This is opposed to last time I fought them, when they all had a LV7 in front of their name.
This battle is hard. :<
Last time all they did was attack, but now they are doing things besides attacking.
green - spoiler
white - heals teammates
someone also used a drain MP attack, the green one I think.
white just unbanned red. That's incredible.
oh, no wonder the green one's name is different. He's much tougher than the other 3. He's the last one but it will take minutes just to deplete his HP.
Ok there's definitely something wrong with this guy. He has too much def/HP. It will take at least 10 minutes to finish him off.
Ok, I think I lost this battle. I thought I had it in the bag when I killed the other 3 and he was the only one left. Plus I was low on chips at this point. (yes my supply of 99 chips finally ran out)

Time to go to sports forum and grind GTP like crazy. Maybe leveling up a little can shake the LV10 green ranger into a LV11 version which hopefully isn't as strong.

During battle, I have an item in my inventory named Nintendon't. I think I recall one of the achievements being called this, so maybe this is the achievement.

image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcaplv10green
This guy is a tank.
I have no items left except 4 Fast Food.

I can almost understand him having such high HP because he is slow to take out my party. But the Move controller's confusion effect might be related to that.

Here is when I run out of Fast Food. image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcapgreennoff

here is when I finally lose. Image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcapgreenend
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 am

I will adjust the Green Leader's stats to make him more balanced and I shall work on the GG King's dialogue.

^-^

CHRONOS LISTEN UP

DOWNLOAD THE 3 GAMETRAILERS. ONCE YOU HAVE ALL THREE, EXTRACT ONE OF THEM. YOU ONLY NEED TO EXTRACT ONE.

ONCE IT IS EXTRACTED, YOU WILL HAVE A BLUE CUBE. RUN THAT PROGRAM TO EXTRACT THE GAME DATA

DOWNLOAD PATCH 9. REPLACE THE FILES IN THE GAME DATA WITH THE FILES FROM PATCH 9 - SAY YES WHEN IT ASKS IF YOU WANT TO REPLACE THE FILES

Now you are ready to play.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:29 am

Rockshard: I fixed the Nutella item. Now it revives characters properly.

I fixed the Nintendon''t achievement.

I will need to personally give the Acid-Trip quest a look at when I do the final check. I think it is a switch error and if that is the case, you will not be able to access it from where you are in the game.

I will consider your advice for the dialogue of the king. I will try to work it and make it sound more natural.

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 am

OMG! I forgot to disable Leveling Up for Green Leader! this means his HP was about 5000, his attack power was like 25, and his defense was like 50 when you fought him.

LMAO!!!!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 am

Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Challenge

I can take 'im

of course though I'm gonna need a whole lot of fast foods
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am

LMAO

well I just fixed him so his level remains constant instead of becoming a beast. I still would love to see you kick his ass though!
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 am

comparing shop prices for replenishing items
(patch 9 version)

Gasmaskgamer's shop:
100 - Cherry Coke (150 HP)
200 - Red Bull (200 HP to all party) (untested)
300 - Monster Energy (250 HP, 20 MP) (untested)
300 - Nutella (75 percent HP boost)
400 - Fast Food

PC forum (after sale):
30 - Mountain Dew (75 HP)
100 - Cherry coke (150 HP)
100 - Chips
400 - Fast Food

baseball stadium:
30 - Mountain Dew
100 - Cherry Coke
100 - Chips (10 MP)
150 - Fries (20 MP)
300 - Burger (100 HP, 50 MP)

awesome that this is the only place in the world that sells Fries... and they seem way better than Chips! Twice the MP but only 75 percent of the cost.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:40 pm

lol Laughing
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:28 am

I can't enter the faction mansion. It just says "This facility is closed"
when I go back to the king of GG (Ryan Stevens or whoever) he just says "Good luck".
Funny this had to happen after I went through the trouble of farming more GTP.
But anyway looks like I am stuck without a way to finish the game. I will have to go all the way back to a save file before I talked to the king of GG and try again.

You probably know better than I do as to why this happened but if I were to fathom a guess, it might be because I entered faction mansion and then left without actually fighting them. Still I have to wonder why the faction mansion has to be closed sometimes. This could have been avoided entirely if the mansion was never closed.

edit: sure enough my save file 10 is me inside the mansion, before talking to mazer and the others. I think all my save files after that were after I left the mansion. (I went to go farm GTP to prepare for green leader rematch)
save file 9 is in front of the king, and he says "good luck"
save file 7 is in front of the faction mansion and it is closed. I guess this is before I talk to the king a 2nd time and actually accept the final quest. Edit: Yep, I go to him and he says "well if it isnt luke, I've been dying to meet you"
What I should have done is start from file 7 rather than 10.

edit: I started from save file 7 and it still doesn't let me into faction mansion! Confused

I'm running out of ideas fast. I was in faction mansion in save file 10 so obviously there is a way to make it work but I really am not sure how.
Actually I have a theory. Maybe going to the sports forum is what's triggering the problem.

edit: If I load save file 7, go back to GG island, to the king, then go straight back to the faction mansion, then it works.
Question is, how to do this while still being able to grind for the GTP I need?

edit: Went to forum transporter, warped back to hub town, then warped back to GG. (without leaving the transporter room) Faction mansion still works. Dunno what this accomplished but yea.

edit:
I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM.
You can't enter the faction mansion if you have the ban hammer equipped!! You can only enter it with the Move controller or the Report Button. So it's really the ban hammer that's causing it, THIS ACCURSED BAN HAMMER. As soon as you equip it the faction mansion becomes closed.

That's... a nice little defense system the faction leaders have against mods. o.o
Though I just realized.. I could always equip the ban hammer AFTER entering the faction mansion.
Although the Move controller's stats are actually pretty good compared to it. They're about equal.

Anyway I guess the game is checking whether I have Ban Hammer in my inventory before letting me into the mansion? And if I have it equipped it's no longer in my inventory so.. Maybe that's the reason. Cwazy.

edit:
Mazer does not appear in the faction mansion cutscene where they find out I am going to ban them. He still has dialogue, but he's invisible.

edit:
LV10 Green Leader is now LV11 Green Leader and he keeps using the fire pillar attack. I don't even remember him doing that before. He's more or less unbeatable now. I need to try save file 7 again and make sure not to level up. (or maybe I can go back to the save where I fight TheSoviet and see what happens if I go straight to the ending)
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Mazer is invisable?

What this happening on the earlier tries in the mansion?

Also, here lemme give you a fixed version with the Green Leader adjusted properly
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 am

I installed the patch, however, the Ban Hammer / closed faction problem is still present.
The faction is closed unless I have the Ban Hammer unequipped.
Also I verified something else. If I enter the faction, then equip Ban Hammer, then move up to where Mazer and the others are.. Mazer will not be there. The cutscene plays out with him invisible.
But if I move up to where they are, and see Mazer, and equip Ban Hammer before talking to them... Mazer will still be there and the cutscene will work fine.

edit: Green leader is just called Green Leader now, meaning I installed the patch correctly.

edit: I still fight ship battles. It's finally occurred to me that maybe the patch was meant to ONLY fix Green Leader. If so, my bad.

edit: I beat the Faction leaders. Ship battles now have the faction leader fight music.
I am in GG town now but I dont have time to finish right now.

-mazer wrote:
What this happening on the earlier tries in the mansion?
It happens after talking to the king the first time, and after talking to him the 2nd time.
Mind you, I'm not saying it doesn't happen before.. I think it probably does happen before but I haven't verified it, or just forgot whether it happened before.

The one time I definitely remember entering the faction early (as in before the faction leader battle) was when the pentagram was there which you said was meant to be deleted. For all I know, the patches you provided closed the faction entirely, and made the mansion a constant - it is always the faction leader battle, but the mansion will always be closed until you have Ban Hammer in your inventory (and unequipped) to make sure you talk to the king first.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Mazer is effected by the ban hammer? How unusual.....like that makes zero sense at all.... D: he has no switches that involve the banhammer whatsoever.

>.< I will fix this.
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Okay, I tested it on my end and it doesn't seem to make Mazer invisible which means there is a switch acting up on your game.

How weird.

Also: After killing the faction leaders, are you able to get to the final boss battle?
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 am

King of GG says I am now Staff Member Paul even tho my name is Luke.

I access the computer to enter the Halls of Valhalla but then this happens:

image:
Help me Beta Test the GT Game? - Page 6 Gtcaphalls

As for the Mazer invisible thing, I dunno what to tell you. But did you verify the part about the mansion being closed if you have ban hammer equipped?

edit: I see Rockshard NPC has been fixed. xD
edit: zomg it's the Mazer church from the Creativity Town glitch. Awesome.

I know what i'll do, i'll point out all the nonworking NPCs in GG finally. You did fill in a bunch of them but there are still a few left to go.

-- The yellow hair character standing in front of the cemetery (outside the fence) has no dialogue and does not even face you when you try to talk to her/him.

Inside the 3-floored shop:
-- The 1st floor shopkeeper doesn't talk. And you can walk through the counter.
-- the 2nd floor shopkeeper doesn't talk either. But maybe the shopkeepers are not meant to talk.
-- the 3rd floor shopkeeper doesn't talk and you can walk through the counter.

outdoors, level 01 of GG town:
-- At the body of water to the righthand side of GG town, standing just below it is a guy with gray hair over his eyes. He looks like he's dozed off while standing up. He doesn't talk or face you.

inside the castle:
-- The guy with a sheep/dog. He is on a desk to the right side of the throne, right next to the other GG staff are having a meeting. That guy isn't interactive even though the dog goes "woof" when you talk to it. He kind of looks like Phoenix Wright.

Also I just noticed this, but Ryan Stevens appears twice in this room. He is sitting at the throne but he is also in the meeting. Both characters are named Ryan Stevens.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 am

aw shyt...I need to give you the updated graphics files...I will when I get home. Sorry Rock Sad
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 pm

-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm

installed

Final form Shane is pretty tough. I will try again later.
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 am

After I beat Final Form Shane, he just repeats the dialogue again of them being gods to us, and the forums being a thing of beauty. And then I fight Shane again in his non-final form. It's like an infinite loop. u.u
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:54 pm

>.< damn it
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockshard Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 am

Well did you figure out how to fix it? :p
rockshard
rockshard

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am

I haven't had a chance to get back to work on it this week...Work has been very very exhausting for me and I have just been so tired >.<
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by -mazer Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Items added to the 360, Wii, and PS3 forums. Accessories and weapons also added to the appropriate shops.

Patcher boss battle has been added

Politic roofs have been fixed.

Ending Cinematic is 50% finished
-mazer
-mazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next